condensation inside headligh covers

Bert-Bert

GT Owner
May 10, 2006
I noticed on Sunday after driving in the hot Florida sun, that my headlights had condensation inside the plastic covers, is that normal? Has anyone had this problem? :confused

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Bert, in an ideal world, it shouldn't happen. It's a problem that afflicts many cars - my XKR used to do it, DB7's do it and I think some DB9's too. The Vanquish had air con in the actual headlamps to cure it.

I've put the question to my Aston guy to see if there's a solution.

It will be of little comfort to you to know that I was able to forget about the problem in the XKR - sometimes they were fogged, somedays they were not. However the XKR was a daily driver and not the precious thing that the GT is.

I'll see what the Aston people come back with and report back. Maybe some of the well connected people here could ask Ford....

Neil

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Best I know of, the headlight (as with all these new, lexan/plastic types) is a sealed unit and shouldn't have condensate inside. With that said, look at most of the cars on the street and what do you see? Condensate. I've tried hairdriers with no success. You might check the seal on the back where the bulb inserts and make sure it's sound.

GT350H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 3, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I've had my GT for six weeks and I haven't seen any condensation in the headlights, but the passenger side fog light has had condensation in it on a few occasions. I showed it to the dealer who immediately ordered a replacement as a warranty item.

VIN1591

GT Owner
Oct 27, 2005
Easton, MA
Definately have condensation in both headlights. Haven't formally addressed it with Ford but I have several pictures to document the problem. It comes and goes so I don't expect that it will be necessarily visible on the day I bring it in for service.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I've had condensation..... by washing the card with cold water....

Clears up in 30 mintues....