Competition Belt Installation

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
I've had some inquiries about supplying the harness bars. They are time consuming to make individually, but I think I can make up a transfer forging die and drill fixture to make them significantly easier to produce. If there is sufficient interest I will look into the dies. Let me know.

Craig

Craig,

Did you get sufficient interest? I would be in for a set.

Bruce

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Is the bar available? I am running the Silver State run next week and need to get the harness in ASAP.

My e-mail is jimf@foxxhomes.com
Cell 760.578.6103

Thanks.

Jim Foxx

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Jim, the round eyelets will work just fine for your event. They are available direct from Crow in Fullerton, Ca. or even Turner Motorsport in San Diego. The bolt holes are threaded to accept those. I see the 760 area code, not sure if it is San Diego or the Desert area.

Pm me if you need any help I have done a few installs now. I also have another solution, but I can't get you more than one, by your deadline.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
shoulder belt bar

Safecraft will have the shoulder belt bars available in black or clear anodized aluminum next week. They are CNC'd & not really round but are more square with slight depressions for the belts. They have a trick "GT" machined on the prototypes but it may be replaced with "Safecraft".

http://www.safecraft.com

I am going to their shop in the Bay Area on Sept 21 to pick up my 2 bars. I also ordered an all black hardware/black belt Safecraft harness for the driver (me). I'll keep the Crow harness for my passenger. Safecraft will sew the shoulder belt to the correct length so you can eliminate the adjusting buckle behind the seat. I'll post pics & comments afterwards.

Ed

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ed, I'd be really interested in seeing pictures of your new harness when it arrives and after you have given it the once over on the street/track.
I had a good conversation with Monty at Livermore this morning as I ordered the SCT fire extinghuisher and bracket set up and we talked about harnesses and the new hardware coming on board.
He did mention the use of the side seat brackets being utilized for the anti-submarine belts, is that your set up also?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
KJRGT - Yes, I am using the Brey-Krause side brackets for my lap & 6th point connection. Livermore Perrformance can get all the Brey-Krause & Safecraft items. I will post photos after Sept 21 of my new harness & bar.

Ed

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks Ed. Good Luck, Be Safe.:thumbsup

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
KJRGT - Yes, I am using the Brey-Krause side brackets for my lap & 6th point connection. Livermore Perrformance can get all the Brey-Krause & Safecraft items. I will post photos after Sept 21 of my new harness & bar.

Ed

Ed,
Just wanted to thank you for all of this information. :thumbsup I used the Livermoreperformance products, including the Brey-Krause side brackets, the Crow 6-point harness, and Safecraft fireextinguisher on Sept 11 at VIR at the NC FCA event. Here are pics (I was in the intermediate yellow group am and pm, the only Ford GT):
http://www.fandsenterprises.com/vircar.htm
These harnesses made a unbelievable difference. I ran stock everything except my Accufab exhaust, but I was planted in the seat the whole time...no annoying sliding around. The only car that passed me all day long was a red Ferrari 599 which I could slowly catch in the corners but he would leave me in the straights, at least initially. I think I could have really bothered him with my Hoosiers but did not have them at the time. As I have become a better driver in this car, I am amazed at how fast and easy it is to drive. At VIR, the only problem I have is Oak Tree...coming out of this corner, I am in 3rd with a little over 2K RPM...and for a brief time, it seems that the car just cannot get going. Eventually, it does and spanks the back straight...I have wondered about making the turn in 2nd but this maybe too much torque and will need to change gears fast. Curious if anyone has experience with this track...maybe I am not making the turn fast enough..Ha.:frown
Thanks again, Ed.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
VIR, harnesses

Cyclenirvana - Great photos. Thanks for sharing them. I would love to drive at VIR someday.

KJRGT - I went to Safecraft today to check the fitting of a new harness. It needs to be resewn (I am too skinny). I love the Crow system but the Safecraft has an all black hardware option that I can't resist. I also went with the 2" lap belts (2" shoulder option for Hans device but I kept it 3"). I had my engine compartment fire suppresion system leak checked & looked at their harness bars ( I have 2 on order which is delayed until next week). I'll post photos next week. I met Black Ice & Mousecatcher there.

Ed

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks for the update Ed. Sounds like you are getting after it in a good way!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
photos of T-hill Oct 5

I posted the photos under "October Open Tracks in Norcal" in this section. We missed you there KJRGT!

Ed

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Another Satisfied Customer

Yesterday I put my new Safecraft six point harness to the test at Willow Springs...what an improvement over the stock three point!:banana
Now I can use the steering wheel for just that, and not have to also use it as a handle to keep me from sliding around.
Monty at Livermore was great to work with and the products are high quality.