Competion Belt Bar DONE and available

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Thanks Wally! Arrived today and look great, can't wait to get them mounted.
Outstanding job!!!!!

:cheers
Trent

Mar 15, 2006
They look great. I'd like to order a few sets. Please email me at:

john@hennesseyperformance.com

or give me a call at 713.828.7676. Thanks for your help!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Is it just a simple bolt(s) removal and replacement essentially to install?

Mine are still in the box. I need to get them on and take some pics.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, simple bolt removal, put bar and included plastic in place, repalce bolts. You're done. Make sure logo is right side up.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Yes, simple bolt removal, put bar and included plastic in place, repalce bolts. You're done. Make sure logo is right side up.

Yes it is that simple - you don't have to be an engineer to figure it out:thumbsup

Thanks Wally

Roc Spo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 7, 2006
Ford Racing Belt Bracket

When installing my five-point belts a few weekends ago, upon removing the passenger seat, I found this bracket attached to the firewall. I've never seen any pics or mention of it before on the forum, and was wondering if it's a stock part. I bought the car new, with 3 miles on the odometer, so I can't see how it would be otherwise. If it is a stock part, why isn't there one on the Driver's side too?
BeltBracketabove.jpg

Ric

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Those are the child booster/baby seat latches. I hope they did not waste the time and money putting them on the driver side. :lol My 4 year old son would be asking me for the keys.:biggrin

Roc Spo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 7, 2006
Thanks cmoody32. Having no kids, I'm totally unfamiliar with child restraint equipment. The bracket did seem a little lightweight for an adult!
Ric

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Roc, did you ever read your owner's manual?

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
When installing my five-point belts a few weekends ago, upon removing the passenger seat, I found this bracket attached to the firewall. I've never seen any pics or mention of it before on the forum, and was wondering if it's a stock part. I bought the car new, with 3 miles on the odometer, so I can't see how it would be otherwise. If it is a stock part, why isn't there one on the Driver's side too?
BeltBracketabove.jpg

Ric

I thought I would mention that if you don't mind re adjusting the harness when you get to the track......They can be adjusted, so that they will hang behind the behind the pouch and leavethe pouch fully functional to put other stuff.

If the belts are too long a rubber band / blue tape can be used to make a fold and keep them from hitting the floor. For mine, adjusted for the track the silver tabs that go into the camlock will rest in the little black floor mat, this is just enough to so they do not make noise against the lower metal section below the bottom of the pouch.

My kids are older and I wondered about the bracket too, the first time I inspected a car for purchase. I know SYCOGT uses his all the time with his son. Nice to have that piece in those situations.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Remove it. It's dead weight. You'll save a pound and a half and pick up 1/10 of a mile per hour in the standing mile.:lol

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I removed it because it kept the passenger seat from adjusting back all the way, and I never have children in my car. Just wrapped it up carefully in case I ever need it.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Yo Walley,
Thanks for the Backet.Way Cool!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Wally,

If you make a second run i need a set.

Tom

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Wally, I'm also in for a set if/when you ever do another run.

Thanks

Pro

GT PILOT

GT Addict/ B.o.D.
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 15, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Ditto

Add me to th elist if there is a next run, please.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
ME Me me too. One set if they get made.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
This is an old thread but....

.......I would like one also. I believe many of us would like to have one before the Texas Mile. Any chance of that?

Chip

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Add me to the list for the second run.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006