cold feet

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Glad You're Back

EP - There is a saying spawned of the event of 1836 - but it wasnt harvested until the Texas Rangers came into existance and it is:

"One Riot One Ranger" and I am proud that I have used it as a foundation of business for many years to date.

Remember the Alamo!:cheers

See Spirit - after being in New Jersey and Europe for the last week - Texas even looks good to me now

Mike,
Glad you're back in the saddle.:thumbsup
Being you live half the time in Texas [I sure won't tell :cool anyone about that :lol :biggrin], Texas should look really pretty good after being in all them darn foreign places.
Did your French improve any last week?:biggrin
Glad I don't have to leave the "Republic" much anymore, it can be real interesting at times to try and make sense out of how them people in other places think.:confused:willy
Some seem to have a hard time understanding what you are talking about :frown guess it must be the accent.:ack
GAME BACK ON :thumbsup - Year End Coming Up:cheers

To get back on topic:
Blownaway, buy the machine if that is what is in your heart.
Life is kinda like driving a GT, you can't see a darn thing in the rear view mirror.
BUY THE MACHINE, ENJOY THE RIDE, and NEVER LOOK BACK.
The GT is an absolutely amazing machine.

Fred

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I practice in a small town and had thought some of the same thoughts . Hiding what you have achieved is impossible sharing it is rewarding and it is far easier to buy a great car and be enjoy it than have an affair and hide it. I have found that if you are fair and good at what you doo the patients and staff share in your sucess. Business has not droped off nor has any staff left or asked for raises. I have actually given a few rides to those who ask and while around town have popped the hood and spent a few minutes with any one who asks. One local collage professor even asked at the end of an appointment while paying his bill if I would ever consider giving him a ride. To which I said its lunch time lets go. We had a nice ride and an interesting lunch well worth the time. I have seen several of his fellow employees as new patients thanks. Buy it share it and give your wife her own keys.

No regretts FLY GT40:thumbsup

I totally agree 'FLY. One can create enormous good will by being humble about the new GT and sharing it with others. It is all in one's attitude.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
One should never go through life being an apologist for being sucessful - however, once you're there, it is prudent to be a little humble about it.

As posted elsewhere, the GT is a pure 'enthusiasts' car - tell folk you've saved for it and don't brag about it too much.

Go get it and enjoy the fruits of your labours.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Damn. After reading 5 pages of this thread, it makes me wanna' go out and have a drive in my GT. Kinda misting and cold right now here in East Texas... so I'll wait for the next ride... NO REGRETS over here... GET THE CAR!

mardyn

Tonycan

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2006
Forget your customers. Start worrying about the plumber who comes to your house and sees the GT before he gives you an estimate.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
NOTHING BEATS THE HARLEY DAVIDSON COMMERCIAL, THE OLD GUY IS TELLING THE STORY TO HIS GRAND KIDS OF HOW HE LOVED THE BIKE, THEN THE GRAND KIDS GO" SO HOW WAS IT?" HE REPLIES DONT KNOW I BOUGHT THIS DAMN ALUMINIUM SIDING INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BABY TO MANY MMMEEENNN HAVE NO BALLS TODAY THATS WHY IVE GOT TO SATISFY SO MANY WOMEN :biggrin .PLEASE DONT CRY, GET IT OR PLAY WITH YOUR BAIT AND TACKLE SOME WHERE ELSE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WEB SITE IS FOR THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO CREATE THEIR DESTINY NOT WAIT AROUND TILL DESTINY HANDS IT TO THEM.:thumbsup NOW DO LIKE YOU DAD OR GRANDPA DID IN WW2 GROW SOME TESTICALS, DO IT BABY DONT ASK WHY, YOU EARNED IT , IF YOU DONT , LIKE MANY OTHER LAZY AMERICANS , ALL I CAN SAY IS ANOTHER PPPPPPPUUUTZ , PAR FOR THE COURSE. :thumbsup JUST THINK IF IT WASNT FOR THOSE TWO WE WOULD BE SPEAKING GERMAN RIGHT NOW!!!!! SEE NOW ALL WE HAVE TO LEARN IS SPANGLISH.:biggrin GET IT BABY , I WILL GUARENTEE YOU IN 50 YEARS FROM NOW YOUR FEET WILL BE COLD ENOUGH...........:thumbsup GTJOEY 1314 AAAAAAAANND LOVING IT , PROUD OF IT, AND CANT HIDE UNDER A ROCK...........:thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Right on GTJOEY.

Seriously, there are 1,000 rational reasons to think up not to get one. And it does take guts and balls to actually step up to the plate and get one. It's not just a matter of signing a loan or writing a check - it's a big purchase, financially, lifestyle, opportunity cost, etc. Wives, family, businesses, employees, associates, etc.

I don't have a garageful of exotics. This is the one and only. It took a lot of thinking. But when I found the exact one I wanted, 2,600 miles away, I'm so thankful that I was able to commit. I almost talked myself out of it a few times. So, I've been there. I admire those that are here, we all had to make decisions.

No regrets. If I didn't pull the trigger, I would have been dreaming about it every day. If you can do it, do it. There are plenty of people who would want to be in your shoes, and able to have one. You have the financial capability. Sell something else if you have to rationalize it. (Like one of those hot rods...)

I am going out for another drive right now. I get chills just thinking about it, and it's been two months of ownership. I've never felt this way about a car before - motorcycles yes, but never had the chills. This is the real deal.

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
THE REAL DEAL BABY!!!!!!!!!!THE REAL DEAL! :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Right on GTJOEY.

Seriously, there are 1,000 rational reasons to think up not to get one. And it does take guts and balls to actually step up to the plate and get one. It's not just a matter of signing a loan or writing a check - it's a big purchase, financially, lifestyle, opportunity cost, etc. Wives, family, businesses, employees, associates, etc.

I don't have a garageful of exotics. This is the one and only. It took a lot of thinking. But when I found the exact one I wanted, 2,600 miles away, I'm so thankful that I was able to commit. I almost talked myself out of it a few times. So, I've been there. I admire those that are here, we all had to make decisions.

No regrets. If I didn't pull the trigger, I would have been dreaming about it every day. If you can do it, do it. There are plenty of people who would want to be in your shoes, and able to have one. You have the financial capability. Sell something else if you have to rationalize it. (Like one of those hot rods...)

I am going out for another drive right now. I get chills just thinking about it, and it's been two months of ownership. I've never felt this way about a car before - motorcycles yes, but never had the chills. This is the real deal.

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
Thou be a true guru of the way 'tis, oh mystic one! :cheers
'EVERY word 100%, completely, totally accurate!:banana :banana :banana
WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup
DANG!!!!!!!!!

E.P.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I have the best answer

What other people think of me, is none of my business.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Good One!

GFORCE,
GOOD ONE - I LIKE IT!!!:thumbsup

Fred

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Tell your wife what my wife says about jewelry. IT'S AN INVESTMENT.

I don't believe that, but it might fly. Otherwise you have two simple choices. Buy it or someone else will.

Have you ever had two bud girls sitting in your engine compartment? Have you ever had them fighting over who will feel the shifter boot next? You won't know what I'm talking about unless you take the plunge.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Most of us have burning feet.....only sitting in a GT cools them.

Seriously, the summary of all the threads is you should reward yourself, take the plunge and you wont regret it.

Reality is, do your research, sleep on it a week, then if your "gut" feels right do it.

For most of us, the gut feel took over; and always puts a smile on our faces.

I totalled up all my big ticket expenses (less real estate) recently for like 5-10yrs and can't seem to remember how it felt or why I spent it in the first place.

The GT will leave fine memories.