Clear Bra

mlane

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2008
Coto de Caza, CA
Hello all! I just purchased a Black GT40 (3 option- strip delete). I have not yet even received it. This is my first "exotic" and I can hardly wait. What is the census on the clear bras? ( need one or go with out)
Thanks!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
http://www.speedlingerie.com/home.html

IMO, the best option (but not perfect either).

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have tried so many clear bras that all have proven to be a disapointment.

See Shadowman's team remove them and reinstall them.

Have a speed lingerie bra for the fgt. It is ok, but if I did it again I would make damn sure that they did not do the cut out for the Blue Oval emblem.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
VENTURE SHIELD! Its the best and as long as the right installer does it, you will LOVE IT. Wont even see it.....

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Both my cars have 3M Clearbra installed, one for over 3 years. It's not perfect but your satisfaction with it will depend mostly on the quality of the install. I can see a small amount of orange peel in both cars but unless you know it's there you probably won't notice. Ventureshield is probably more optically clear but it's not available in my area.

All in all, I'd recommend it because it's MUCH better than rock chips.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Boy, I was wondering how a clear bra could be made to be comfortable for women. What would the material be? How would they shape the cups? Would the straps be clear too? Oh well, my mistake...:lol

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I'm a huge fan of the 3M bras. Have one on every vehicle of mine and you can barely tell that they are there - unless you scratch/tear it somehow.

Install is key. All of mine are done by Airpark Auto Detailing in N. Scottsdale. www.idetail.com - ask for Vern or Ryan. They do great work.

If someone wants one before the drive to Vegas and the track day - I'd highly advise it. Call them and try to get it done on Monday or Tuesday.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Never installed a clear bra on mine - I'm not sure what the long term consequences to the paint would be (long term is 10 to 15 years down the road).

H

HHGT

On a Black Gal, the only thing to worry about with the Clear Bra are the Stretch Marks

mlane

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2008
Coto de Caza, CA
Thanks for the responses- much appreciated!

H

HHGT

On a Black Gal, the only thing to worry about with the Clear Bra are the Stretch Marks

BONY, can I post some pictures of the Stretch Marks? :lol:lol:lol

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
mlane I have used both 3M and venture shield. I agree the install makes HUGE difference. If you have an excellent intaller then venture shield is the way to go.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I had mine done by ModernImage in the San Diego area off Miramar Road.

ModernImage Signworks
8656 Production Avenue
San Diego, CA 92121

(858) 408-0744
www.mishield.com

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i have 7 mils of 3M clear bra on both my Ford GT and my viper. the clear bra on my viper has been on for about 6 years now and has about 10,000 miles on it and has hit a top speed of 198 mph on GPS and has seen over 500 miles at speeds above 150 mph. no problems with this product whatsoever. it has taken 2 bird strikes at 140 mph and millions of bugs and again no problems whatsoever. i highly recommend it. like anything else though a bad installer can srew up a good product, so......

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I'm a huge fan of the 3M bras. Have one on every vehicle of mine and you can barely tell that they are there - unless you scratch/tear it somehow.

Install is key. All of mine are done by Airpark Auto Detailing in N. Scottsdale. www.idetail.com - ask for Vern or Ryan. They do great work.

If someone wants one before the drive to Vegas and the track day - I'd highly advise it. Call them and try to get it done on Monday or Tuesday.

Ryan did my Ford GT, my viper and my Ford F-250 truck. he is the man :thumbsup