Clear Bra installer in Phoenix or Las Vegas?

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Looking to get Venture Shield applied to the GT. Vegas is closer then Phoenix, but I'll drive to the best. Last time the discussion went around it seemed that Venture Shield was preferred over 3M as 3M had orange peel. Any dissenting opinions???

Thanks for the help.

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Clear Bra Phx area

I used a guy at Scottsdale airpark to do my 05 black GT. His name is Ryan
and he cleared the whole hood and parts of the fenders.$ 800 to 900.
His number is 602-694-6979.....Mine looks excellent..Billy

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I used a guy at Scottsdale airpark to do my 05 black GT. His name is Ryan
and he cleared the whole hood and parts of the fenders.$ 800 to 900.
His number is 602-694-6979.....Mine looks excellent..Billy

i had Ryan do my front ends and mirrors for my GT and my '01 Viper ACR (no hoods). both have been tested at speeds of 200 mph and 198 mph respectively and they are perfect :cool

the front of my Viper has taken 2 bird strikes at 140 mph no problem with the 7 mil......

i recommend getting the thicker mil for your headlights too :thumbsup

i have that on my GT and Viper as well. i am gonna have him do my GT's windshield next year :cheers

Last edited:

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Airpark Auto Detail in N. Scottsdale does all of my clear bra applications and detailing on all of my cars. I've had extensive coverage on the front, including headlights and mirrors.

Please call Ryan or Vern @ 480.998.5899
http://www.idetail.com/

Please tell them Shane sent you. I've known Vern for about 20 years now.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
i have that on my GT and Viper as well. i am gonna have him do my GT's windshield next year :cheers

Fast Freddy - if you get the chance, take a look at GT38's windshield. They have it covered as well.

I like the idea of the coverage, but personally, I'm not a fan of the slightly blurred vision the film gives you on the windshield.

Just my opinion.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, but the glass saving capability is amazing. Bony was not happy with his until the ride back from Vegas at which time it saved him a new windshield.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Fast Freddy - if you get the chance, take a look at GT38's windshield. They have it covered as well.

I like the idea of the coverage, but personally, I'm not a fan of the slightly blurred vision the film gives you on the windshield.

Just my opinion.

if you suffer a cracked windshield like i have you will change your mind......

the whole front end of my car has to come off to replace the windshield and it is not cheap either :ack

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Yea - I hear it's in the $3500 range. Can anyone confirm that?

I just hate the impaired vision. I'd rather pay a guy $40 to do the "super glue repair" a couple times (which I've done once so far). Wait for a few years...then "buck up". Again...my personal opinion.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Penske has a complete auto body shop at the NWC of Hayden and McKellips in Scottsdale. That is where he has all of the Ferraris done. They did mine with the 3M product and did a great job. Ask for the guy that does all the Ferraris at Scottsdale Paint and Body - 480-941-8800