Classic Recreations supercharged 427 powered Shelby GT500 Venom

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'No mention of the amount of gold coin it's going to take to put one of these in your stable...buuuuuuut, I suppose if you have to ask... :willy

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/05/classic-recreations-unleashes-shelby-gt500cr-venom/

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Looks nice. I don't hink you can get that car registered in CA. If you leaved it in your garage it would be OK.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I know I'm going to get a lot of flack.....but still just a glorified Mustang.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I know I'm going to get a lot of flack.....but still just a glorified Mustang.

...which is nothing more than a glorified Falcon!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Well said. I drove my recently purchased (another thread) frame-off 66 Mustang the other day. It WAS/IS a Falcon in drag. Popular cars but......never liked 'em then and don't like 'em now....but it was too nice and good to pass up. I stand behind my personal theory that it has to be RARE and DESIRABLE to be "collectible" for investment purposes. Both have to be met. A pink Mary Kay Studebaker would be rare...not so desirable however. Mustangs are desirable (to most people lol) but hardly rare. I can't go a block w/o seeing one and there are 65-68s all over. Knda like old 69-72 Chevy pus......there are millions of them. May not all be fastbacks or "K code" but there are just too darn many to float my boat. Just because it has a big block, special blah blah blah edition that is only one of blanketymany....I don't care. When you pull up to a red light in your RARE Boss 429 ($250K) and a guy pulls up by you in a nice 70fastback same color with a V-8 rumble, nice paint & wheels ($20K) I have a huge problem with that. Same to be said about Corvettes.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Put the Shelby name on anything and the price goes up, like printing money! He should have worked for the Federal Reserve.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Thomas Wolfe said you can't go home again, and he's right. I always thought the '67 Shelby Mustangs were the best looking, but no matter how much coin you pour into into it, it's still a 40+ yr old car that more than likely won't run with and certainly won't out handle a new Boss 302 that costs 1/3 as much. Looks great though.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
You kind of can go home again as long as you ingore the purists who never left home. I have a 68 Shelby GT350, white with blue side stripes(none over the top). Put a crate 385HP 351 with a tko 5 speed and 4.11s. It runs 13.40s on those little 205s, and sounds great. Debating about putting a hidden fi system on it if i keep it. It won't out corner a new boss, but there is stuff out there to get it pretty darned close if I chose to. Every time I talk about getting rid of the Shelby to get something new, the wife and kids throw a fit. I just tell the purists it is fake when they start nitpicking. Two minutes later they say it is the best fake they ever saw.

Steve

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I own one. Not the venom, the performance model. Its hands down without a doubt one of the coolest machines I have ever owned. Its a real 67 mustang, titled that way, in the shelby registry and it has the guts of an old car but everything else of a new one. Jason Engel out of Yukon Oklahoma is the owner. He isnt the like the people out of texas a few years that built garbage cars. He builds awesome cars and he is a real honest individual. And, it isnt a glorified mustang!!!!!!! Until you drive one, see how they look in person you cant appreciate it. I love my gt, but I have to tell you I have been leaving the gt on the lift a lot more since I got this car. It isnt a fake, or a replica, its a continuation car which is what it is... it isnt trying to be the real thing, it is its own thing

And btw, there are not 4000 other ones on the road like our GT's. He only has a license to build 500 of them.

Last edited: