Clarification of production numbers?

soltic

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I have to aplogize should I be asking a question that most already know....

In reading the Ford announcements I was under the impression we were talking a fixed 500 production run, however in re-reading the release noticed that current application window is for 500 / the first 2 years of production leaving it in my mind an insinuation of an open-run....?

Can anyone clarify?

Again sorry if this may seem a redundant question.

Rod

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have heard up to 250 a year for 4 to 6 years. Hard to say until they ramp up production to see if they hit the numbers.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And to elaborate on post above, at this point in time, it is my understanding that, Ford is using the application process to select ~300 people for 300 of the 500 total production for 2017-2018. I would assume they will start the process again in 2 years to apply again, or draw from the pool of potential candidates from this run, who knows. I would also guess the 200 cars not being allocated through the application process, would go to dealers, VIP's etc.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
And to elaborate on post above, at this point in time, it is my understanding that, Ford is using the application process to select ~300 people for 300 of the 500 total production for 2017-2018. I would assume they will start the process again in 2 years to apply again, or draw from the pool of potential candidates from this run, who knows. I would also guess the 200 cars not being allocated through the application process, would go to dealers, VIP's etc.

Wrong.

soltic

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2007
Ontario, Canada

Ok, what is right?

I was under the impression 300 for North America, 200 outside.

-Rod

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I guess he wasn't that wrong given the approximation symbol. I know some people were reading into the fact that the number 150 appeared in the T&C that the application process was only applicable to 150 cars each year. I wouldn't read anything into that particular language.

The run is not open-ended, but it will be more than 2 years.

soltic

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2007
Ontario, Canada
By open-ended I didn't mean long-term as nobody produces under that mind-set, I just meant unknown length.

Thanks for replying it's so nice to come back and see so many recognizable personas again who kept their cars over the years just as I never gave up '06 #1915.

-Rod

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If he says it I am.

And yes, I am making a big assumption with my approximation symbol. Basically guessing that not every car will be granted through an allocation.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Don't tell your wife bozo.

ttn27

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2014
I guess he wasn't that wrong given the approximation symbol. I know some people were reading into the fact that the number 150 appeared in the T&C that the application process was only applicable to 150 cars each year. I wouldn't read anything into that particular language.

The run is not open-ended, but it will be more than 2 years.

What is the percentage of distribution for the U.S. vs. row at least for the first 2 years?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What is the percentage of distribution for the U.S. vs. row at least for the first 2 years?

More than 50%

Ed