Clamshell panel fit

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Dodes anyone have the instructions from the service manual on how to allign the clamshell and rear cilp assembly. I can't stand it any more. I can see bolts through the gap from 10 feet away. :thumbsdow This should not be. Let me know if you can somehow post or sent them,

Thanks,

Craig

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What bolts can you see? when I took the back of the car off, I found that the lower line (just behind the tail light) is actually adjusted by the rear clip (plastic piece that the tail lights are in), and the adjustment is by 2 T25 (silver heads exposed when shell is open on top) 2 8mm botls that are accessed through the number plate cut out (plate off obviously) and there are 2 t25 bolts that hold 3 support struts at the top front corners of the rear clip. Remember there is not much movement possible of the shell itself because it has to line up with the latches.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Specracer is right. When they adjusted mine, that's how they did it. Mine was just a fraction off and rubbing on the righthand corner. Perfect fit now.

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
fjpikul said:
Specracer is right. When they adjusted mine, that's how they did it. Mine was just a fraction off and rubbing on the righthand corner. Perfect fit now.
We had the rubbing on the left hand corner (DS). A slight adjustment and it is now perfect. You would think Ford or even the dealer would get this better on a car that cost 6 figures. :frown

H

HHGT

So where in Socal can you take the car in and have it fixed????

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
I had the oil changed today and the dealer was very careful, and allowed my complete access to the bay and under the car. I got my first good look at it and see the torx that everyone is talking about. The clamshell is OK I understand that the semi-horizontal gap bewteen the rear facia and the clamshell needs to be adjusted via the rear facia mounting torx. It was pretty clear after I got in there and looked at it. I will do the adjusting this weekend.

Thanks for the help,

Craig