Clamshell bumpers

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
It's plainly apparent that we are OCD about these things. I'm quite sure it would be just fine to drop it through the hole and screw a nut on the underside and be done with it :LOL: My initial concern was being able to adjust the height of the bumper with the threads, but it appears that these just rest all the way on the seat of the bumper mount, anyway.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I ordered the self lubricating bronze bushings and will report back my findings.

😬😎

Last edited:
Reactions: DakotaGT

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
A little tricky on install but easy once you follow instructions. (y)

Attachments

• IMG_8591.jpg
    IMG_8591.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8590 (1).jpg
    IMG_8590 (1).jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: 2112

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Can I see some photos of the underside of that mounting plate, from some of you who have OEM springed bumpers? Is there a nut there?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Clint, you are correct, the spring bumpers are not designed to be adjusted up and down like the solid bumpers. If for some unknown reason you need more height, just add a couple washers.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Here's a picture of mine Clint.

Attachments

• 20230903_171202.jpg
    20230903_171202.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I forgot to post my results on the bushing I listed in post #80.

They do fit the smaller diameter bolt shaft and the recessed hole in the frame mount. Although some of the 6mm height will be lost in the the recesses of the spring assembly and the frame mount, you will have to remove about 2mm (of the 6mm height) to get the spring assembly to sit down solidly on the frame mount.

It worked as intended, but in my car, all adjustability is lost. Since my spring assembly never moved in the 12+ years I have had it in place, and because I want to adjust the location of the spring assembly to both 1)eliminate the spring assembly hanging over the large latch opening and to 2)cover up scuffs left by the original solid stop piece, I am choosing not to use the bronze bushing.

IMG_2706.jpeg

Please take a look at the power steering hose thread that you marketed here a few months ago. There are a few questions about that product that you have not responded to.
BUMP I second this. I have had two of these hoses and both have sweated and left black marks when wiped, just like the original. I've seen nothing about this for a long time ....

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
disregard, wrong thread post. I’m watching too many of these lists….:)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I am positive they are cheaper.

So far, I am at about $30 a set, ( haven't checked into anodizing yet) but I am expecting long term results.

I am into tasteful engine bay upgrades. If you recall, I spearheaded the ARP valve cover bolt upgrade years back.

This recent cover hit home for me

Capture_oG9MRmKueecpnA5sHD1Yip.PNG

Yes, being a Ford Engine helped.
Sign me up for a pair please
Thanks

Reactions: 2112