Clam Shell Vents

GT Bill

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2007
California
Has anyone had there clam shell vents that were warped due to engine heat replaced under warranty?

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Yes. My original set warped after about 5,000 miles. It has happened to quite a few owners.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16081&highlight=vents

Best Regards,
Waldo

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Silverbullitt had them replaced, maybe even twice. Buy the billet vents from pe2unia.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Silverbullitt had them replaced, maybe even twice. Buy the billet vents from pe2unia.

Yes we do have a handful of vents left. www.fordgtbilletparts.com

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
had my "side" clamshell vents replaced 3 times before Pe2unia's.........

.........every 5k miles

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Has anyone painted the side vents to match the color of the car? Seems like it would look a LOT nicer. Pics, please if you have!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
White is very hard to match with paint. Powder coat would be a nightmare trying to match. It can be done, but you will paint and repaint several times before you get it right. Problem with the white is that white seems to yellow with age. Your White GT will be much more Yellow today than it was the day it was sprayed, especially in the back where all the heat is.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Shortcut.

Problem with the white is that white seems to yellow with age. Your White GT will be much more Yellow today than it was the day it was sprayed, especially in the back where all the heat is.

Yeah, it's much smarter to start out with a yellow car because you're going to end up with one anyway! :biggrin

Chip

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Yeah, it's much smarter to start out with a yellow car because you're going to end up with one anyway! :biggrin

:rofl

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Has anyone painted the side vents to match the color of the car? Seems like it would look a LOT nicer. Pics, please if you have!

Yes. I asked Shadowman to handle the painting of my new top and side vents from Pe2unia.

My ride is Black/Stripe delete, so both sets painted body matching black looks fantastic!

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
When mine arrived from pe2unia they were so nicely done i couldn't get my self to paint them. I hand sanded and polished mine and IMHO they would look good on any color.
DSCN0665.jpg

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
When mine arrived from pe2unia they were so nicely done i couldn't get my self to paint them. I hand sanded and polished mine and IMHO they would look good on any color.

They look great!!:thumbsup

Well done.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I have replacement vents, but I notice that they loosen up a lot. I have had to tighten them about three times. Any suggestions?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I have replacement vents, but I notice that they loosen up a lot. I have had to tighten them about three times. Any suggestions?

Some thread lock?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

I added (blue) thread lock to mine and there has been no problems.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Drive on smoother roads.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Blue Loctite. Tighten with a small deep well socket using only your fingers to turn the barrel of the socket.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
All great suggestions(except Chip!:lol)

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I like the contrast of the raw vents.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I also have petunia s vents .
Very nicely done .
The problem is I had stock factory one painted white ,waiting for the inevitable ,which never happend !
So if any one needs painted white ones I have 2 pairs ,my originals and back ups