Cigar Connoisseur's

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
I personally like Diamond Crown and Ashton brands the best. What personal favorites is out there that you guys like the best? I would be interested to hear what brand of cigars that are your favorite to smoke.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think the NY boys all like White Owls.

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
Never heard of White Owls before, so I done a quick search on them and noticed they come in different flavors. I have never tried any Cigars with different flavors like, grape & strawberry. Are they any good?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ask the NY boys. It's an old joke.

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
Ask the NY boys. It's an old joke.

Gotcha!! As cheap as the ones that I have seen they would have to be flavored to have any taste to them.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I thought smoking was banned everywhere now? :biggrin

Partigas are my favourites. I quite like Griffin too, but they're hard to find.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
This thread reminds me of Bony's memorial service. The night before his service many of us gathered at his favorite restaurant and lo-and-behold, right next-door was his favorite cigar store. Not being a cigar afficianado, I and another forum member volunteered to go to the cigar store to buy some stogies to follow our evening meal. Holy sh#*! I couldn't believe how expensive these things were!!! We purchased "seconds" and it still cost a pretty penny. I'll leave the cigar smoking to someone else!

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
I thought smoking was banned everywhere now? :biggrin

Partigas are my favourites. I quite like Griffin too, but they're hard to find.

Not if your fast on your feet!!:biggrin Thanks for your input Neilda I will have to give the Partigas a try.

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
This thread reminds me of Bony's memorial service. The night before his service many of us gathered at his favorite restaurant and lo-and-behold, right next-door was his favorite cigar store. Not being a cigar afficianado, I and another forum member volunteered to go to the cigar store to buy some stogies to follow our evening meal. Holy sh#*! I couldn't believe how expensive these things were!!! We purchased "seconds" and it still cost a pretty penny. I'll leave the cigar smoking to someone else!

Bony must have been a very, very special friend to a lot of guys on this forum. Since I have been registered over a year ago I have read some of the post that some of the guys made on this forum in his memory and about the great memories that was shared. He seemed to be a very genuine guy from reading post about him. That is one thing you will always have, will be the memories of a great guy and thanks for sharing them.

And as a cigar afficianado I can tell you that I'm not one either, but I like a good Cigar every now and then.:biggrin

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
I like Davidoff and Griffins. I have some Davidoff Especial #7's, that are just out of this world, but no longer available.

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
I like Davidoff and Griffins. I have some Davidoff Especial #7's, that are just out of this world, but no longer available.

Are the Davidoff Cigars mild flavor? If you would like to send one my way, I promise that I will not complain if its no good.:biggrin

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
The Davidoff Classic No. 2 is nearly a perfect mild cigar. I don't smoke any but mild. Lokk for A Davidoff dealer in your area, or go online.

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
The Davidoff Classic No. 2 is nearly a perfect mild cigar. I don't smoke any but mild. Lokk for A Davidoff dealer in your area, or go online.

I have never seen that brand of cigar at the cigar store that I go to. I will do a search and definately give it a try. I will only smoke a mild cigar myself. Thanks for your input!:thumbsup

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Two administrations ago while the seniors Pan Am games (bicycle races) were held in Cuba, a good friend who raced, along with all other US competitors, were allowed to carry 2 boxes of cigars back into the US with them. My friend didn't smoke, and put 2 boxes in each bag. Fortunately, I ended up with about 4 boxes; all Cohibas, my favorite being the Esplendido. So, they are kind of legal, and I still have some left to enjoy from time to time.

Pete S.

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
Two administrations ago while the seniors Pan Am games (bicycle races) were held in Cuba, a good friend who raced, along with all other US competitors, were allowed to carry 2 boxes of cigars back into the US with them. My friend didn't smoke, and put 2 boxes in each bag. Fortunately, I ended up with about 4 boxes; all Cohibas, my favorite being the Esplendido. So, they are kind of legal, and I still have some left to enjoy from time to time.

Pete S.

I've smoked only two Cohibas (Robusto) before. I'm not sure if they were the real deal with the Cuban tobacco, but if they were the tobacco had a very good flavor. The Cohibas are the most copied/counterfeit cigars made, I wouldn't know the real thing from the fake ones. Since you have the real thing I most definately would enjoy them from time to time!:thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Are the Davidoff Cigars mild flavor? If you would like to send one my way, I promise that I will not complain if its no good.:biggrin

As Jim says, Davidoff are mild. Davidoff and Griffin are made in the Dominican Republic and I find they are rolled a little looser than many Cubans.

The last box of Cohibas I had were tighter than an Otters pocket and required more suction than an industrial vacuum cleaner. Not enjoyable at all.

Partigas, whilst Cuban, are reasonably mild and rolled a bit looser too.

Good luck in your noble quest, let us know if you try any of the recommendations!

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
As Jim says, Davidoff are mild. Davidoff and Griffin are made in the Dominican Republic and I find they are rolled a little looser than many Cubans.

The last box of Cohibas I had were tighter than an Otters pocket and required more suction than an industrial vacuum cleaner. Not enjoyable at all.

Partigas, whilst Cuban, are reasonably mild and rolled a bit looser too.

Good luck in your noble quest, let us know if you try any of the recommendations!

Thanks for the info Neilda, I enjoy the more mild cigars myself. I'm going to try the Davidoff Classic #2 since Jim Gibson recommended those and pick up a couple of the Partigas as my local cigar store. I would be glad to let you guys know my experience with what has been recommended, except for the White Owls.:biggrin

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga - Reasonably priced stogie that I really enjoy. You may find it a bit strong if you strictly stay with the pale tobaccos. Reminds me of a good espresso, with no harshness at all.

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga - Reasonably priced stogie that I really enjoy. You may find it a bit strong if you strictly stay with the pale tobaccos. Reminds me of a good espresso, with no harshness at all.

Thanks FENZO, you never know about the variety of cigars out there. Some cigars may taste stronger to some people than it does to others. I tried the Arturo Fuente brand and got a buzz every time I would smoke them. So after a few of those I decided that I needed to fine something more milder and more pleasant to smoke.

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
If you like mild cigars another brand you may want to try is Avo. I like their Avo Classic No. 5 Tubos. They usually run around $10 USD a pop but well worth it in my opinion. As others have said, if you don't mind spending a little more the Davidoff is hard to beat for a mild cigar.

Here is a link to Avo:

http://www.avo.com/avo/en/pub/cigars/classic_avo_cigars.cfm