ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

My beautiful Glasair III finally made it back to Falcon Field in Mesa, Arizona. The trip home from San Angelo, Texas on top of a flatbed trailer took a lot longer than the trip out. It made it home in reasonably good shape with the wing removed. Some damage is inevitable when an aircraft is dissembled and transported in this manner but N335CB arrived home with as little road rash as could be hoped for. A brand-new 540 C.I. fuel injected Lycoming engine is being assembled in Oklahoma and should be ready in about five more weeks. In the meantime I'll be upgrading some of the instruments and avionics and counting down to the day when I can bring her back to life. Just like yellow Ford GT #34, 335CB and I share a long and storied history traveling all over the country on the airshow circuit. I have quite an emotional attachment to this tough, fast, and very agile aircraft and I can't wait to strap in again, climb up in the clouds, and, as young airman McGee once wrote, "Hurl my eager craft through footless halls of air". In the meantime, it's just good to have her back home. All the best.

Chip

Attachments

• G11.jpg
    G11.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 278
  • G22.jpg
    G22.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 282
  • G33.jpg
    G33.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 279
  • G44.jpg
    G44.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 278
  • G55.jpg
    G55.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 273

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
looks like it is very lightweight especially with the motor taken out of it. what year is the plane and how much does it weigh? i assume it holds alot of avgas....

that plane in the back of the hangar behind yours looks like some kind of jet :cool

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Any word on the cause of the original engine failure?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
All things considered Chip it looks great.

Vince H

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Chip good to hear/see your fly-mobile is back home. You've got 5 weeks to have the road rash buffed out.

Mid March lunch at Flo's is in order.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Got your baby home where She belongs. Can't wait till She has fully recovered and back in the air where belongs.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What kind of BS are you trying to foist on us? Those guys are wearing winter coats and stocking hats. Whre did you ship it to, Detroit?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What kind of BS are you trying to foist on us? Those guys are wearing winter coats and stocking hats. Whre did you ship it to, Detroit?

I didn't notice that, but now that you mention it :agree:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I hope you get to be up in the air with her again soon! It's sad seeing your Glasair like this, but good to know she's back in AZ and being worked on.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
If I am not mistaken, when it hits about 45 degrees in AZ, people start to dress like that..........