Schweeeeet!

Well done!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats Jerry,
I would like to volunteer the MAKERS MARK MANHATTAN BAR and any time you need for unskilled labor. Of course that will be MRS. BONY...
Proud to know you and consider you and yours friends!

Let me know when my house is ready!! :)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Congrats Jerry - that's one hell of a challenge and good will effort and best of luck! Way the weather hold out for your effort.

After this - what's next Oprah?

BTW - when should Bony start packing the chickens up. That's one way to get rid of him as a neighbor, build him a new house.....

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Jerry that's Just AWSUM!

I will be contributing. PM sent.

$$$$, Labor, Materials---and ice for the Manhattan's.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Very nice......build it with several tall ceiling garage spaces and next door to Bony. He could use more storage.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Congrats Jerry,
I would like to volunteer the MAKERS MARK MANHATTAN BAR and any time you need for unskilled labor. Of course that will be MRS. BONY...
Proud to know you and consider you and yours friends!

Let me know when my house is ready!! :)

Careful Bony... I may take you up on the booze offer...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Very nice Jerry. :cheers

Aug 25, 2006
A truly wonderful thing Jerry and an awesome reflection of you

All the best

Shadowman

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jerry, What a great willingness to help others. Giving back is truly whats it's all about. Congrats. Tomy Hamon PS A sponsor right in there with Ford Motor Co.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Jerry,

Can you tell me when the air time for the show is?

Thinking of haveing a few over to watch you do this.

Today I think is your MOVE THAT BUS day....... is it not?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Jerry - just checked out the pics...

Love the flames on your hard hat!

How's the final production of the show coming along?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
We are soooo tired... What a blast... Built the home in 4 days tear down to completion! The show will air on ABC on March 8, 2009 at 8pm pacific time. Thanks to all that donated... We raised over $125,000 for the family to boot... We bought them a van too!

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
My hat is off to DeYoung Properties. What a nice contribution to the Fresno community. Can't wait to see the show. :thumbsup

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Wow Jerry!! You all did an amazing job. :thumbsup I can't believe that only took 3 DAYS!!!! :eek What an incredible act to do for a family like that. I enjoyed the photos and articles. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My hat is off to DeYoung Properties. What a nice contribution to the Fresno community. Can't wait to see the show. :thumbsup

+1.

I always wonder how you can build a house that quickly, given that the government requires numerous inspections before proceeding and new concrete needs to be cured and strength tested before the framing go up.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
+1.

I always wonder how you can build a house that quickly, given that the government requires numerous inspections before proceeding and new concrete needs to be cured and strength tested before the framing go up.

We had around the clock inspectors from the City and we had our own to help us... We used chem's in the concrete to get a much stronger and faster cure time in the mix. Almost like a hiway mix... It started to harden in about 1.5 hours and was ready to go in about 3 hours. The standard strength is about 2500 psi... this slab was about 8500 psi in 24 hours. There were other things used in other mixes such as the stucco and sheetrock mud to help them dry out quicker... we also used machines to remove moister from the inside of the home as we built.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
We are soooo tired... What a blast... Built the home in 4 days tear down to completion! The show will air on ABC on March 8, 2009 at 8pm pacific time. Thanks to all that donated... We raised over $125,000 for the family to boot... We bought them a van too!

That is amazing! Congratulations!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great Job Jerry:thumbsup I know how tired you are we did the Ginyard home in 2005 here on the east coast and it is a week of around the clock constant chaos to say the least. Congratulations:cheers

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Although we have never met, I want to thank you for being a giver and not a taker. For you, God has a special place.