Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
you're freaking crazy...I'' be in touch

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Maybe but at least your light is out and no one at your local dealer can take your baby out for a joy ride. :thumbsup Enjoy my friend call me tonite with the good news. ive got a good feeling on this one. gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
FYI...it ain't out yet...my buddy, a 100 miles away has the devise..we'll see if it does the trick...if it does, beers on me..if not.."you in big trouble lucy..."

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Beer , thought you'd be mailing me that radio with the weak reception that no one wants :biggrin gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
how much is the offer for it?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Too busy

Lemansz,

Sorry, today I was too darn busy to look into your problem any further. You'll probably note in a different post that I got my new wheels installed today. Between that and going to the dentist, it blew the whole day...

Also, last night I decided to purchase a decent code scanner:
http://www.autoenginuity.com/products-scantoolpc.html

I also purchased the additional software module which permits reading of Ford's in-house factory codes as well as the conventional OBD-II standard. This software also has an "engine dyno" feature that lets you performance test the car. The GT has one of the most advanced engine control/monitoring systems in a present day car.

Jay

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Gtjoey Wins...

..I'm your bitch in Detroit...did the procedure as outlined in the 2006 manual, page 155 I think..drove it the requiste 10 miles and...BINGO...no more 'check GAGE' (I guess someone can't spell in Detroit) light and the voltmeter is acting correctly!!!!life is good again...

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Happy for you both. And remember, what happens in Detroit stays in Detroit!!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Great News

Great to hear my friend , thats why this forum is so great, with each others imput, digesting the knowledge , figuring things out, it sure puts alot of these things to rest. Sure we get a little jumpy, aggitated ect, cause we are all learning something new. It was great we hear not just from me but ananlog, and a whole host of others, thats what makes this group come together. One day it might be a relay, next day a wire, but we now have a system for these basic problems. ENJOY MY FRIEND, THE BILL IS IN THE MAIL , AT 75 DOLLARS PER FORD UNION HOUR , TIMES 6 HOURS EQUALS 450 ADD TAX, SHIPPING OF RADIO AND WOOFER , YOU OWE ME 3. 25 CENTS :biggrin ONLY KIDDING , Call me though if you want to get rid of the radio, ENJOY, ENJOY , ENJOY :thumbsup P.S. remember the light can come on again to run out the sequence , just reset and that should be it for life. :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That's great news on the car - and very good advice on 'what happens in Detroit, stays in Detroit!' :lol

I agree with you gtjoey, it's a good group of people - I've been sent, emailed and faxed some great information on the car, which I really appreciate. Hopefully I will be able to give back one day if any of you need anything from the UK.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Thanks neilda, one way you can help , we are trying to put a registry together and different facts ect.about our cars , when you get time email private or mail a disc of , pictures , codes, body changes ect. . Im trying to maybe get the first NON PROFIT 'GUIDE TO GT DRIVING AND RESTORING YOUR 05/06 GT ' LIKE CORVETTE, JAG AND THE REST DO. Its a while away but in 30 years when our kids are driving their kids around they will have a reference of what to do, what was original ect. FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POND , CIAO MY FRIEND :biggrin gtjoey 1314 with no blinking lights annnd loving it.....

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
thanks NEILDA

what I need is a long weekend with Kiera Knightly sitting on my...well never mind you get the picture...

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I think the site should have a common problem/solution section.
Something that does not fill up with everyones comments but offers just problem and solution.

I can build that into the registry if the forums are not a good place for it.
Would be nice to get more common stuff from dealers and ford too, if that is possible. I know we all just love taking our cars to the dealer, but if a quick answer is listed somewhere, that would be great.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
GREAT Idea!!!! I'm already grateful for this site and the good conversation/information. But if there is a way to break out some of the diagnostics/technical solutions, that would be awesome. My concern is that perhaps this is easier said than done, I dunno, I'm IT-challenged. And DBK is still working for free!!!!!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Yeah, this site has been good to me to. Nice to hear that others have similar
'GT personality quirks' with their cars so I can feel comfortable when mine does the same thing, like the rattle in the clutch, or the noise on the turn signal bleeper thing.

I hope that things like my radiator and manny's radiator help others pay attention to those 'quirks' before they are walking home too.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
it's baaacccckkkk...the light came on again ...I am now convinced it's either...a.)bad sending unit or 2.)bad voltage regulator..I'm afraid to take it in to the Ford guys for something so realitivy simple for fear they might screw somethign else up more major...!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Logical troubleshooting

LEMANSZ said:
it's baaacccckkkk...the light came on again ...I am now convinced it's either...a.)bad sending unit or 2.)bad voltage regulator..I'm afraid to take it in to the Ford guys for something so realitivy simple for fear they might screw somethign else up more major...!

OKAY, Lamansz.

Read my earlier posts regarding this:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6434&postcount=6
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6451&postcount=9
I knew that I was correct in my logic on this one.

Call me if you wish: Jay (949) 412-8889 cell, anytime

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
I'm stumped..call me 385-8300

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
LEMANSZ said:

It's a mistake to try to diagnose or repair this yourself. The car is under warranty and the car is not as exotic as some think. The electrics on the car are not that different from any other Ford and any competent dealer can diagnose it and fix it. If it turns out to be something unique to the GT and the dealer doesn't feel comfortable tackling it, Ford has a good support network he can call in for advice and help. My experience has been very good with the service department at my Ford dealer, you just have to give them a chance. Don't be shy about telling them not to test drive it or wash it but let them do their job. You paid for that warranty. :wink

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
thanks for the advise, I agree, it's going in.