Check Engine light- Code P405- EGR!

gmazzcular

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
:frown Hello, I retrieved the code for my check engine light which is P405-EGR circuit Malfunction. My Question is does anybody know how to turn this light off? I have a x-calibrator 2 programmer. My egr port is plugged and my 2- vacuum leads going into the egr itself are plugged. I have long tube headers- I believe are from ford but don't see the egr port for the tube on the header itself! I just purchased this car and I am still feeling my way through> Sorry!!I am hoping somebody will know how to do this operation. I need this light off for PA emissions test! Thanks, George

Aug 25, 2006
:frown Hello, I retrieved the code for my check engine light which is P405-EGR circuit Malfunction. My Question is does anybody know how to turn this light off? I have a x-calibrator 2 programmer. My egr port is plugged and my 2- vacuum leads going into the egr itself are plugged. I have long tube headers- I believe are from ford but don't see the egr port for the tube on the header itself! I just purchased this car and I am still feeling my way through> Sorry!!I am hoping somebody will know how to do this operation. I need this light off for PA emissions test! Thanks, George

Welcome to the fold

Since the gal has Ford Racing headers then it likely has some sort of associated tune installed as such the EGR circuit should have been turned off and may have been but the switch not disabled. Regardless the process to correct is painless.

Have whoever did the tune confirm this and if not able to contact them let me know and I will gladly assist further.

All the best

Shadowman

gmazzcular

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Thanks, for the reply- I am a friend of acr joe. I have a xcalibrator 2 program on the car. Could you please tell me how to turn off the egr circuit. This would be a great help!! Thanks, George

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks, for the reply- I am a friend of acr joe. I have a xcalibrator 2 program on the car. Could you please tell me how to turn off the egr circuit. This would be a great help!! Thanks, George

Call me when you have a few minutes

I chatted with Joe today so I will stand by

All the best

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
That can be solved by changing a switch in the calibration. It's easy to fix contact the tuner.

Aug 25, 2006
That can be solved by changing a switch in the calibration. It's easy to fix contact the tuner.

Torrie your contribution to this Forum is alway appreciated

It sounds like a similar situation to the fellow that you assisted in Sweden

All the best

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yes indeed !

Torrie your contribution to this Forum is alway appreciated

It sounds like a similar situation to the fellow that you assisted in Sweden