CF Gage Panel

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
looks even better when it enhances Freeflyer's boast guage! :)
Bony
CF Freak

FREAKIN' COOL
:thumbsup :lol :rofl :eek :willy :thumbsup

"Boast guage" , now that is a Freudian if I ever heard one!

:lol Good Catch :lol

Just Gota' Love You Guys
:party

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
well hmmmmm I've got Kips panel waiting to go in. I was gonna do it in a coupla days.....but now I'm wondering if I should try to get the bigger boast gauge...since I'll be in there anyway.......first off are they still available ..and second....if I've got the panel out already is it pretty simple from there to put the 20lb one in?

thanks for any help
Lee

Aug 25, 2006
well hmmmmm I've got Kips panel waiting to go in. I was gonna do it in a coupla days.....but now I'm wondering if I should try to get the bigger boast gauge...since I'll be in there anyway.......first off are they still available ..and second....if I've got the panel out already is it pretty simple from there to put the 20lb one in?

thanks for any help
Lee

To the availabilty question I can not respond however the size of the alternate gauge is the same as OEM; in fact the alternate uses an OEM gauge housing. With this being shared when you are installing the CF panel the gauge would be a simply plug and play at the dash. Then you would have to run the secondary leads back to the engine bay for the MAP sensor.

Lastly; it is a 30 PSI rather that the OEM of 15 PSI

All the best

Shadowman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Lee,
You might want to get Evan Guyett's billet bracket to mount the sensors onto the Whipple.
Is your Whipple polished or black?
It is nice to see how much she can pump out.
Cheers,
daniel

Aug 25, 2006
Lee,
You might want to get Evan Guyett's billet bracket to mount the sensors onto the Whipple.
Is your Whipple polished or black?
It is nice to see how much she can pump out.
Cheers,
daniel

On this I agree; so much so that I emailed Evan earlier today asking him to ship me a couple more of them.

They are a nice finishing touch

Takes care

Shadowman

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
thanks guys.......sorry I meant 30psi not 20......duh! Yeah my Whipple is black.....I'll definatley get some brackets if i can get the gauge......guess I'll pm freeflyer and see what he says......:cheers

Lee

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Kip,
When will the lower part of the instrument panel that surround the switches be done? I'd like to order both the upper and lower part at the same time.
Thanks.

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
ok so I'm about to dive into the gauge panel swap......anything I need to know from those who've done it?.......can I just pull the panel out and disconnect the gauges? or do I have to get up behind the dash and disconnect in order to pull the panel out?........looks pretty tight up there!
Thanks
Lee

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
CF gauge panel install

ok so I'm about to dive into the gauge panel swap......anything I need to know from those who've done it?.......can I just pull the panel out and disconnect the gauges? or do I have to get up behind the dash and disconnect in order to pull the panel out?........looks pretty tight up there!
Thanks
Lee

Hey Lee

I didn't realize I hadn't sent you instructions.
Check out your in-box and all will be clear.

The hot tip is to pull the left side of the panel to get it to come out.
Lead with the left side when installing, too. Otherwise, the speedometer hangs up on the binnacle.

That and make sure to mask the binnacle in the area where it meets the panel. Otherwise, you will most likely scratch the binnacle with teh gauge panel.

Cheers
Kip

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Kip's directions are very helpful. I would only add that I could not get the wiring harness connectors to fit through the dash opening. It just means that you have to cut the zip ties and reattach the new ones while resting the gages on a towel on the steering column. These leaves the harness laying in the car while you are swaping the gages on the panel.

This will make sense once you read Kip's instructions. Shadowman gave me the heads up that this might be the case. I guess some of the harness conectors fit through the dash and some don't.

The only other advise is don't try to skip the masking, and take your time. It is worth it.

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
Kip's directions are very helpful. I would only add that I could not get the wiring harness connectors to fit through the dash opening. It just means that you have to cut the zip ties and reattach the new ones while resting the gages on a towel on the steering column. These leaves the harness laying in the car while you are swaping the gages on the panel.

This will make sense once you read Kip's instructions. Shadowman gave me the heads up that this might be the case. I guess some of the harness conectors fit through the dash and some don't.

The only other advise is don't try to skip the masking, and take your time. It is worth it.

my harness connectors wouldn't slide through either.....so have some towels ready to lay on the center console...just in case.....also if you doing it yourself...disconnect the harness before you start pulling the panel out..cuz you don't want to have to set the gauge panel somewhere while you crawl under the dash to disconnect.....and use tape.....use tape! that OEM panel is sharp and it'll wreck everything if your not careful........good luck!......looks great KIP!....did I say use tape?

Aug 25, 2006
my harness connectors wouldn't slide through either.....so have some towels ready to lay on the center console...just in case.....also if you doing it yourself...disconnect the harness before you start pulling the panel out..cuz you don't want to have to set the gauge panel somewhere while you crawl under the dash to disconnect.....and use tape.....use tape! that OEM panel is sharp and it'll wreck everything if your not careful........good luck!......looks great KIP!....did I say use tape?

Tape is your friend during this procress

As for the two blue electrical plugs; I have had several clusters out and NONE of them allowed the two plugs to be pulled out as such the process of converting the steering column into a table of sorts is the way it has been done each and every time.

All the best

Shadowman