centrifugal supercharged GT

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Stay on topic please.

Personally I think a centrifugal blower would ruin a GT for the street, and basically anywhere but a drag strip. Considering the GT makes a shitty drag car and it seems out of the spirit of the car, I'd pass.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Considering the GT makes a shitty drag car and it seems out of the spirit of the car, I'd pass.

Well I wouldn't put it that strongly. I think any street legal car that is CARB approved and 50 state legal that can turn in under 11 secs, isn't shitty. Of course there are much less expensive cars that can beat that, but I doubt many are really 50 state legal.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... I think any street legal car that is CARB approved and 50 state legal that can turn in under 11 secs, isn't shitty. Of course there are much less expensive cars that can beat that, but I doubt many are really 50 state legal.

3:90's and the stickiest tires in the universe and the GT will best THEM too! And you hafta remember, those other cars arn't factory certified as 205mph capable either, yet the FGT IS and it STILL is able turn 11 sec qtrs anyway! :lol

That's pretty darned amazing when one considers the fact that the FGT was designed as a GT with all that entails...and those requirements are as different as "night & day" from those of drag racing.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well I wouldn't put it that strongly. I think any street legal car that is CARB approved and 50 state legal that can turn in under 11 secs, isn't shitty. Of course there are much less expensive cars that can beat that, but I doubt many are really 50 state legal.

I'm just saying compared to a drag friendly car that can go all the way like a viper. GT clutch doesn't like being launched and midengine cars make poor drag cars. I had like 140 slip out the clutch passes on my Z06, good luck doing 20% of that in a GT. Likewise, no GT will ever run 7's like a viper can, and if one does, it will have been ruined :lol.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I wouldn't exactly call the FGT a Grand Turismo car, because of the very limited storage space and doors.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I wouldn't exactly call the FGT a Grand Turismo car, because of the very limited storage space and doors.

'Wasn't looking at/referring to it's SUV capabilities!:lol

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
'Wasn't looking at/referring to it's SUV capabilities!:lol

WHAT !! NO POWER WINCH OPTION !!?? :rofl

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
When the Zr1 came out and parts became available i worked extensively on the possibility of putting those brakes on my 08 Z06. After an exhausting {wouldn't take no for an answer}effort, it all came up No way possible.

GM enginers that frequent the Corvette forum were helping , as well as dozens of other's that would have done the same have all given that idea up last i checked. Mabie something has changed however i havent been on that Forum much, something else is consuming my free time now.

If he pulls that off i would love to know how.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I read on the Corvette forums the reason it is not possivle has something to do with the abs or something? Also a person will have to use the corvette calipers as the materials(ie Seal etc) in them are different for the ceramic rotors. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.