Center Console Aluminum Shifter Bezel and E-Brake Boot Kit by ExotiCARe - Group Buy

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I used a MOMO shift knob that screws down even lower than stock, for an even shorter throw (not for everyone). I cut down the shaft sleeve to fit. The MOMO knobs have hidden set screws behind a screw-on collar at their base. To provide access to the collar and set-screws I cut the sleeve extra short and placed a compression spring underneath. By pulling down on the sleeve I can unscrew the MOMO base collar and get to the set-screws. Of course, the spring is hidden under the shifter boot. Everything is reversable, except for the shortened sleeve.

Howard

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Short sleeves are use for the stock set-up. There shouldn't be any issue with the longer sleeve and short shifter mechanism. If you do have an issue you/I can always chop the fatter sleeve by an inch.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Anybody experience the shaft sleeve being too long with the short shift kit in place? It seems like the ball won't screw on very far and sits up too high. Any tricks to getting the bezel to stay on - seems to pop after a few shifts. Love the look. Great mod.

Andy, the short shift kit is not a shorter shifter length, but a shorter THROW (at least that's what I understood it to be). So the sleeve shouldn't make any difference, unless somehow your sleeve is too long. Anyway, I have no tips on that if your sleeve is too long, since I was lucky and mine fit like a charm. As for the bezel, I too had a few problems getting it located exactly right with the short shifter. Seems the linkages on my short shift kit bumped against the nylon locks in the bezel. But Andrew talked me through it, just needed to get the bezel aligned correctly (where the three set screws are located) so that the linkage wouldn't bump against the nylon and knock them out of place. After those teething issues in the first weeks, I've had NO issues whatsoever in the past several years. So, I'm guessing you've just misaligned the bezel. Turning it in one direction or the other by a few millimetres will *probably solve your problem. Hope so, 'cause it looks OH SO GREAT when it's in the car.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Shadowman put my sleeve in a lathe and cleanly removed the excess to fit on the short shifter with an aftermarket ball.

DSC01419.jpg
DSC01422.jpg
DSC01427.jpg
DSC01428.jpg

UGH, Am I the onlly one who can't load pics directly as of about 2-3 weeks ago? :frown

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
If there are any stragglers, there is a new waiting list for the sleeves - if we get 3 or 4 more takers we can do another run in the next couple of weeks.

Please PM or email

Thanks

Andrew

AlHensling

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2010
Irvine, CA
Please add me to the list.

Thank you

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Lil bump for those on the fence.

Exoticare_Shift_Bezel-4.jpgExoticare_Shift_Bezel-7.jpgExoticare_Shift_Bezel.jpg

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Installed my new shifter bezel today.

A piece of cake with Andrew's excellent instructions!

Can't believe I waited so long for this excellent upgrade.

Jeff

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Installed my new shifter bezel today.

A piece of cake with Andrew's excellent instructions!

Can't believe I waited so long for this excellent upgrade.

Jeff

Me too. It took about 5 minutes. I lined things up and ran it through the gears and it popped up but one little twist clockwise and it locked in perfectly.

I have the Ford Racing Short Throw shifter though along with the polished shifter ball and I think I also need about 1/2" off the FRPP sleeve. I don't get a lot of "bite" on the ball threads to get the numbers lined up when the sleeve is bottomed out.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
it popped up but one little twist clockwise and it locked in perfectly.

I have the Ford Racing Short Throw shifter though along with the polished shifter ball and I think I also need about 1/2" off the FRPP sleeve. I don't get a lot of "bite" on the ball threads to get the numbers lined up when the sleeve is bottomed out.

Thought I had mine had 1:00 but it came out as well. Must have been the wrong time zone. :biggrin
As you said, a slight turn and all was well.

I'll have to cut the sleeve for my FR Short Throw as well, but it won't be a big deal.

Now I just have to tackle the e-brake lever.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Rich from the GT Guys cut about an inch off my shaft to get the ball threaded low enough. Out of context that last sentence sounds like a problem. ;) Also my boot for the e-brake is really loose where it goes around the handle. Andrew is this normal or was mine sewn wrong?

Otis

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Rich from the GT Guys cut about an inch off my shaft to get the ball threaded low enough. Out of context that last sentence sounds like a problem. ;) Also my boot for the e-brake is really loose where it goes around the handle. Andrew is this normal or was mine sewn wrong?

Otis

I guess mine is the shaft that comes with polished shifter ball. There is a machine shop next to my auto mechanic's shop, so I think I'll just drop off the sleeve and have it shortened. I was thinking 3/8" but in fact I think I'd be more pleased if I bottomed out the ball on the shift lever which may take more. Having it that high defeats part of the short-throw nature. Some measuring tonight will tell me how much. It doesn't matter much since the collar for the new bezel can be set almost anywhere.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
There were a few boots sent out that may be a bit loose. If any issues please pm me.

Also for those still interested in the 2nd group buy. Please let me know

mike becks

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2006
Dania
Hi Andrew,
Please put me on the list.
Thank You,
Mike Becks

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Notifications have been sent out - but we have enough requests to do another run, please PM me your email addresses so that the Pre-order payments can be run to get the production started next week

Or if you want to be added please contact me asap

Thanks

Andrew

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Still waiting on the stragglers, if you still want a bezel kit - this is the last chance!

Sonic blue

GT Owner
Jun 1, 2007
British Columbia
I have the set (Shifter Bezel) and it makes the original look like it came out of a Kia.
My interior with buttons, bezel, shift knob, arm rests, painted my upper inserts to match buttons and GT carpets looks amazing. Just added 6 point race belts in Silver to match Tungsten Silver (from Don at Ford GT Parts). I am thinking of doing up my other GT as well. Someone told me that the budget to build the car was well over the set limit and so that's why they cheaped out on a few things on the interior.
These interior parts are how the car should have rolled out of the factory!

Last edited:

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Hello all - im ready to go ahead with another batch of bezels, can you please chime in or email me so I can take your orders. Production begins Aug 6th.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Sending invoices out on Monday. Please speak up if you haven't yet contacted me

Thanks!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL