Celeb car on Ebay

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
If anyone understands this it is I. I am just curious if these guys are being honest or not...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Somebody needs to ppi the car, it is either a cream puff or a road turd....

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
The original ebay ad from the thread Shadowman posted is no longer available but someone on that thread stated the wrecked one had red calipers and this one has grey.....so who knows.....but have a ppi done anyway.I pulled the carfax out of curiosity and it shows no known accidents(doesn't mean there wasn't one) but does show the car arriving at dealer on May 06 and being registered in Montgomery NY in June 06.This would lead me to believe it is the car in the original ebay ad.Buyer beware!

Aug 25, 2006
The original ebay ad from the thread Shadowman posted is no longer available but someone on that thread stated the wrecked one had red calipers and this one has grey.....so who knows.....but have a ppi done anyway.I pulled the carfax out of curiosity and it shows no known accidents(doesn't mean there wasn't one) but does show the car arriving at dealer on May 06 and being registered in Montgomery NY in June 06.This would lead me to believe it is the car in the original ebay ad.Buyer beware!

Great data !!!!

I hope that this is a pefect gal with no less than stellar history however I always follow my gut feelings and it is saying ......................................... be suspect of everything.

In the end the real value of a pristine Ford GT will be in part based on the number of less than stellar gals sold as such becomes a basis to compare to.

Now certainly there are many folks that could care less if a gal has gone the hard way and then resurected as long she shines, runs nice, and the price is within their budget because from the onset they know that she will only be a moment in time for them and then they will move on to the newest flavor of the week however for those that appreciate a quality piece with no less than stellar history a premium will be paid.

Shadowman

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Well, The auction has ended.....Owner pulled it as he got cold feet.....or was thinking he could get more as six people had contacted the man he hired to assist him in the sale asking to END the auction early.....I do NOT get that.....If it is on the website, there are bids, and lots of interested bidders, then the rules have been set, at least until the auction is over...After all, had it not been for the listing, all, or almost all bidders, would NOT know abou the car being offered for sale!..If you want to bid, then BID, and if you do not.....and want to take your chances, then do NOT bid....But begging people to end an auction early, strikes me as a bit like trying to change the rules after the game has been started......

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
why was this stuck?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
If he is a celeb, I am the Queen of Sheba! Hope someone gets it at a good price.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Eric, we have called you a bunch of things.... but never a queen....
mostly, "nice guy"

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Shades-Wink.gif

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I can tell you from FIRST HAND experience that this car was NOT wrecked and that GRIFF did end up getting it direct from the "celeb". It was just at our shop for about 2 weeks. I will let Brad post the details! :thumbsup

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yup, I Bought it!

Shelby beat me to the punch, but I did buy the car direct from the seller....Many people have been helpful in the process, most importantly STANDJ who did a first rate PPI (per several forum members recommendation to GET a PPI, particularly on this car) AND Shelby Smith who was critical, and a real "ramrod" in making everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, happen as it should....Will post full story in Forum for General Discussion Topics......

Last edited:

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Brad, glad I could help it was a fun trip and even got me meet Paul Jr. Also, glad the car is in your garage rather than his, since if I am ever in Dallas I know I won't freeze my ass of in your garage. You would think that a man with his money would have heat in the garage!!!
How do you like the new exhaust????????

John