Carroll Shelby Signature

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I think I have lined up an opportunity to have the ol' chicken farmer sign my GT. I know the glove box door, dash panel or sun visors are where he signs all the Shelby and Boss Mustangs.....if I can get the deal done, where should it be? His normal location would be the SRS panel in front of the passenger....but that just doesn't sit right at this time.....

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
He signed Camillo's car on the brace by the supercharger which is where Camillo prefers to sign his autograph. So you may want to ask him, or leave enough room for further signatures if you are coming to the rally. :wink

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks SCODE, that sounds like a perfect spot.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'm having Dan Gurney sign mine on the flat space right in front of the deleted Mac stereo. :biggrin

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
It's glove boxes or other removables. I had my terminator signed. I had to pull a part and bring it to his table at the Unique Performance open house. Not as agile as he once was.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
My only problem with signing on the brace is wear over time. I doubt an interior piece would ever wear out, but fluid, water, heat, etc, could conceivably ruin a signature up there. If you plan on driving alot...

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
DBK said:
My only problem with signing on the brace is wear over time. I doubt an interior piece would ever wear out, but fluid, water, heat, etc, could conceivably ruin a signature up there. If you plan on driving alot...

I was concerned about that too. My customer was thinking about buying a replacement part if he was going to drive it a lot. Camilo used his own markers that looked kind of heavy duty. I figured he knew what he was doing, but it can get quite hot back there. I would make sure he uses something more durable than your average Sharpie.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
My Ford GT Heffner Twin Turbo badge. :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If he signed over the brace, couldn't you cover it with some heavy duty, clear box tape to preserve it? What about the 3M body cover stuff? That seems like it should preserve it.