GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
It will be re-named ‘lightishweight’

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
The cars are essentially the same. They delete little things like struts for the back hatch and cup holders. Add in the car on fiber wheels and titanium exhaust and lugs the overall weight savings is that much. Look at the Ford Perforance website.
Aren't the wheels and exhaust and lug nuts options on regular cars? Anyone can remove the struts and pull out the cup holders on their cars.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
True ...to an extent.. One of the weight savings is the rear engine hatch glass (gorilla glass) is replace by vented acrylic . Also you get a small 2 piece screw- together pencil-post to hold up the rear hatch in place of the one hydraulic cylinder. Also the hatch release is deleted and replaced with simple hold down latches like what are used on the race cars.

The big savings in 2018 came from deleting the A/C and the Electronic screen , navigation , radio etc.
But FMVSS standards now require , beginning in 2019 MY, that ALL vehicles come equipped with rear view cameras and thus the screen and electronics needed to be added back in .
I think adding back the Air Conditioning was just 'common sense".

andy (ajb)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The CF prop rod and aero catch are not part of the CS package.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
DBK,
thank you for clarifying.
andy (ajb)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
The CF prop rod and aero catch are not part of the CS package.

Are they available for purchase from MM or Ford?

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I’m just catching up on this, very cool! I had heard of the “lightweight” car, cool to see it come to life! Hoping to see one at the track sooner than later, you lucky guys! Sanjay, my money is on you breaking 2:16!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...Sanjay, my money is on you breaking 2:16!

My money is on Dr Frank breaking wind!

Ed

Cobraguy

GT Owner
My money is on Dr Frank breaking wind!

Ed

Ed...you are so predictable:) :) :)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed...you are so predictable:) :) :)

As is Dr Frank! LOL

Ed

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Nov 28 - Headed to MM to see K020 in build. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Congrats on the NFGT. Will be interesting to see pics once you get your car.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Tom, I am out of the country that time.
Can you please check on Liquid Blue, white stripe
H0098 for me if you have a moment.
Thank you,
Andy (ajb)

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Sanjay, my money is on you breaking 2:16!

Haha, I'll do my best, but since I'm one of those conservative drivers that respects the curbs, I'll be happy with a 2:20. :lol

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Haha, I'll do my best, but since I'm one of those conservative drivers that respects the curbs, I'll be happy with a 2:20. :lol

2:20 is a fast time. I've seen you drive, I have no doubt you can do it! :thumbsup

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Tom, I am out of the country that time.
Can you please check on Liquid Blue, white stripe
H0098 for me if you have a moment.
Thank you,
Andy (ajb)
Haha so will I :)

Sorry you can't make it. But yes when I'm in Canada I'll make a point to lay eyes on her. Hopefully they will have her fixed up and ready. Janet can drive H0098 home for you. 347kph on the 401 should get her back to your castle in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
2:20 is a fast time. I've seen you drive, I have no doubt you can do it! :thumbsup

Recently I was a passenger in a Ferrari Challenge car with DoctorV8 driving. On the beginning laps with me, on old greasy tires, he was in the mid-1:30s at Laguna! I think Randy Pobst's production car record is 1:28.

Ed

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Just realized -- the Carbon Series and Gulf Series aren't on the Configurator yet. Would love to see them both there...even though I've already committed and can't change my order.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just got my Phone call form the concierge about engaging me in the order process.My ordering kit arrives Friday.Than ordering on Monday! WOOO HOOOO!
The COOL part is, it was 12 years ago to the day that I got my 06 GT! very excited!
The Ford GT thrill ride continues!!
But I must pay special thanks to DBK. For this wonderful place we call the Ford GT Forum!Plus all he has done to make ownership such an epic experience.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I just got my Phone call form the concierge about engaging me in the order process.My ordering kit arrives Friday.Than ordering on Monday! WOOO HOOOO!
The COOL part is, it was 12 years ago to the day that I got my 06 GT! very excited!
The Ford GT thrill ride continues!!
But I must pay special thanks to DBK. For this wonderful place we call the Ford GT Forum!Plus all he has done to make ownership such an epic experience.

Congratulations Ron! Have you narrowed in on a color?