Carbon Fiber Console Install

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Here are some photos of the CF Console and Cover plates together before going into the car.. For more details see my post # 9

Attachments

• GT Console Prj 034.jpg
    GT Console Prj 034.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 497
  • GT Console Prj 035.jpg
    GT Console Prj 035.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 495
  • GT Console Prj 036.jpg
    GT Console Prj 036.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 489
  • GT Console Prj 039.jpg
    GT Console Prj 039.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 484
  • GT Console Prj 040.jpg
    GT Console Prj 040.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
more photos..

Now it's in the car. Shown with the standard black cover and an optiontional painted lighted cover. I used silver to match the lower center console. I also plan to have this signed by Mr. Shelby..
Please note that these were quick photos taken with the flash inside a dark car. The CF panel compliments the seat backs. The flash distorts some of the color. If you look at some of the black factory colors they look "off" color due to the flash.

Attachments

• GT Console Prj 046.jpg
    GT Console Prj 046.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 483
  • GT Console Prj 047.jpg
    GT Console Prj 047.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 487
  • GT Console Prj 048.jpg
    GT Console Prj 048.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 480
  • GT Console Prj 049.jpg
    GT Console Prj 049.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 476
  • GT Console Prj 054.jpg
    GT Console Prj 054.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
one more round...

Some last photos. I will get the lighted panel powered up on Tues. I need to see if there will be any reflection issues if it's on while driving? In case you're wondering the LED lighting on the back of the panel is less than an 1/8" high. So you don't lose any valuable space . The last photo is showing a lighted panel laying on its back to show how slim the lights are. It's late got to get to bed. Will answer questions and offer more details on how you can get one tommorow... I look forward to any and all feed back good or bad.. Brian
Sorry the 1st photo is a dup... It's late:biggrin

Attachments

• GT Console Prj 054.jpg
    GT Console Prj 054.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 478
  • GT Console Prj 056.jpg
    GT Console Prj 056.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 475
  • GT Console Prj 057.jpg
    GT Console Prj 057.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 470
  • GT Console Prj 038.jpg
    GT Console Prj 038.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Brian -

I think that is absolutely fantastic!

Very cool!!!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very nice. I need to find a time to drive down and see it in person.

Oh, and... do you ever sleep?

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Very nicely done!

Jeff

g-force

Jul 11, 2006
NY
is that part going to be available to anyone?
It looks awesome.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
beau-t-ful:biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hi guys,
Thanks for the feed back. Chris I would love to show you this in person. If your sched. permits maybe we can get together this week.
This project started out as a one off panel for me. I have had enough interest in this project that I will offer it to other GT owners. If you want to swap out your Mac or have the No Mac option this is a quick in stall. Just 6 Torx screws to remove and replace. No drilling or cutting required.
The leather covered stock factory panel is nice but the CF panel has more of a race car look and feel.
This panel has some advantages. It's lighter, Easier to clean and maintain over the leather and I plan to make a camera mount that can easily mount to the front of the console without taking out the whole panel. This will be a nice feature for track days or just a video documentation of you daily GT adventures. The exact pricing is close to being set. It will be well below the retail price of the factory Leather covered panel , The retail price of the Ford panel is around $1700.00. I think some are getting the Ford panel for around $1300.00. Our CF panel with a standard black cover will be around $ 1200 - $ $ 1250.
Custom lighted cover panels look simple in the end but there are many steps that take place. These pieces get cut, drilled, sanded , panited, etched then the attachment of the LED's . At this time each custom panel would have to be evaluated for cost. For the record a custom cover panel could be added at anytime. We did the first one's in house but for any type of volume production we need to firm up our costs for some of this to be out sourced.
Please note that the CF console section will go into production as is with no changes. The cover plates which are easily removed are still a work in progress. I recommend this, if you think that your are intersred in the CF console please send me a PM. I would like to to get some ball park ideas on numbers from the this site. The CF panel will come with the standard black panel which can be changed out in minutes anytime. We are going to look at some other options for the covers.
Also for the record our goal is to break even on this project. Any profits will go right back in to other GT projects. Some will be simpler and have broad base appeal to all GT owners... Thanks Brian

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
MacEctomy

Since this is primarilly for relocating the Mac, where's the cut for the cable? The weather seal is continuous just like the stock panel. To whack into it for the big Amp cable leads to the same problem as with the stock panel...needs a nice grommet.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Beachie,
My car was a no mac car to begin with. We could drill and install a gromet or cut out any place. I just reused the factory seal for the top and bottom edges. It was real easy in my case. I'm going to try to meet up with an owner who has done a Mac relocate to get some more details on the Mac set ups.

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
Brian,
PM headed your way - count me in - Jim:cheers

Aug 25, 2006
Since this is primarilly for relocating the Mac, where's the cut for the cable? The weather seal is continuous just like the stock panel. To whack into it for the big Amp cable leads to the same problem as with the stock panel...needs a nice grommet.

There is "NO" modification done to the OEM panel during the subwoofer relocation process.... zero...zip....nada.

All the best

Shadowman

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I like it! Then again, I like almost anything done in Carbon.:biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Now, all we need is more carbon on the dash, and replacement carbon door panels, like in a Challenge Stradale.:biggrin
I'll be first in line for that!:banana

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If I can move some of these we will reinvest in other CF projects. We can move right around the interior. ..

Aug 25, 2006
If I can move some of these we will reinvest in other CF projects. We can move right around the interior. ..

I think that you did a great job; there is no doubt that to a person opinions will vary and yet I can see the CF piece with the panel across the front wrapped in leather as the means to make the pieces tie to all surrounding items.

Regardless; the results look stellar

All the best

Shadowman

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
That front cover can be any color. It will come with a standard black plastic cover similar to the ford factory cover. There is a photo of the black cover but the flash my distort the color. This one is Silver becase I plan to have it signed by Caroll Shelby. The silver matches the lower center console.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Outstanding. I would tend to prefer either a metallic panel with the words "the one" absent or, as shadowman stated, a leather wrapped panel that matched the interior. But this is something to definitely consider!!! I like the fact that it matches the seats, seems to draw attention to the carbon fiber.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
What about a panel with a cutout that looks like the Flux Capacitor!:biggrin