Car Wrap/XPEL - Recommended Installers

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Looking for recommendations on where to take my GT to get paint correction and wrapped on the West Coast.

I'm in the San Francisco area but willing to travel some if needed to make sure I'm using someone who knows what they are doing.

Searched the forums and see lots of posts to wrap or not wrap with a few names listed but couldn't find anything focused on where to go.

Moderators: Wasn't sure where to post this, please move if there is a better location.

Thanks everyone!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Looking for recommendations on where to take my GT to get paint correction and wrapped on the West Coast.

I'm in the San Francisco area but willing to travel some if needed to make sure I'm using someone who knows what they are doing.

Searched the forums and see lots of posts to wrap or not wrap with a few names listed but couldn't find anything focused on where to go.

Moderators: Wasn't sure where to post this, please move if there is a better location.

Thanks everyone!

I have basically the same question(s).

And also very importantly a installer who's shop has good security, along with proper fire and liability insurance to work on a 600K plus car.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bring it on to Texas! Ha I have a good one but it’s a little far away!

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Bring it on to Texas! Ha I have a good one but it’s a little far away!

I live in the east bay and there is a company called premier aesthetic in fremont. I have used them on multiple cars and they do great work. They just completed a nfgt about a month ago. They use a product called clear guard, not xpel which I believe is a 3m product. Let me know if you want any further info about this company.

Good luck

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm using my friend Mike Justis of Appearance Solutions in Sacramento. He will be doing my '19 GT. He also has done my '05 GT. On the NGTs he has Evan Rowe of Auto Armour in San Diego team up with him. Evan has done 3 NGTs so far. Tell them I sent you.

www.appearancesolutions.net

www.autoarmour.com

Ed

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
If you’re willing to bring it to Scottsdale the very experienced shop that wrapped my GT flawlessly meets all of your requirements. Feel free to inspect my GT. Protect-A-Shield in Scottsdale is as clean and organized as a hospital operating room and the owner has 20 years of experience. PM me for more info.

Chip

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
There's an article or video of the guys who did Jay Leno's car. There' are credits listed for the company who did the work. They are not in California somewhere :)

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
There's an article or video of the guys who did Jay Leno's car. There' are credits listed for the company who did the work. They are not in California somewhere :)

Checked, Leno used Protective Film Solutions in Orange County. Anyone have experience with them?

It seems if I go to SoCal that Evan Rowe of Auto Armour in San Diego that Ed Sims recommended might be the way to go. Mainly because there seems to be some forum experience and they have done several NFGTs.

Next up on my to do list is to call Mike Justis of Appearance Solutions in Sacramento (again at Ed Sims recommendation).

Thank you everyone for all of the help! If you have any other leads let me know.

Slow Poke

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2009
Bay Area
info@Mykodesigns.com

They are in LA but frequently travel to the Bay Area. Top notch work. Worth contacting them to compare.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Checked, Leno used Protective Film Solutions in Orange County. Anyone have experience with them?

It seems if I go to SoCal that Evan Rowe of Auto Armour in San Diego that Ed Sims recommended might be the way to go. Mainly because there seems to be some forum experience and they have done several NFGTs.

Next up on my to do list is to call Mike Justis of Appearance Solutions in Sacramento (again at Ed Sims recommendation).

Thank you everyone for all of the help! If you have any other leads let me know.

Please let me know what you do. I’m in SoCal and have a shop that should be okay...probably. But if you have a superb experience with someone (like Evan Rowe or Protective Film Solutions) I would be willing to use another shop. Thanks!