Canadian Heritage for sale

tonyt

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2014
Malibu, California
Hi Guys! i am new to the forum. I just purchased my first FGT from Auto Gallery Calabassas. 2005 Red/White Stripe with 4 options. I plan on stocking up on these cars (hehehe). I am interested in a Heritage next. I came across a "Canadian" model on Auto trader. What is the deal on these Canadian cars? The price is significantly less than some of the other models online. Why is this? The seller states it is identical to an American model.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
No McIntosh option, bumper spacers, gauges in metric. Otherwise, same cars as the ones in the US.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard :thumbsup

:cheers

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Headlights are always on as well. All things considered - virtually identical to the US spec cars and perhaps most importantly there's no reason why the value in the future should be any different than the US-spec cars. (Also, the Canadian cars were all at the very end of the GT production run so you are guaranteed to have a very late VIN.)

Assuming you're nearby the Auto Gallery, we're near you, should you ever have any servicing/modification needs.

Last edited:

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Note that to import Canadian Spec GT to US will require some paper work to proof compliance with US DOT safety standards. Nothing that serious just need to be aware of this fact. I flew up to Canada to buy FGT and was prepared to drive across border to allow transporter pick-up but car turned out to not be what I was looking for.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
You may also want to be aware the Canadian GT your looking at has big holes cut in the door panels for some aftermarket speakers that have been installed, along with several other aftermarket components. The car is priced at $410k whic is no big bargain in my book on a near 4k mile Canadian car. Canadian cars have always brought a fair amount less than US cars here in the US. Don't really understand why but that's just they way the import/export car business has always been.
The car may very well be near perfect but I would encourage a PPI on that car. Just to ensure its quality is what you expect.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...The car may very well be near perfect but I would encourage a PPI on that car. Just to ensure its quality is what you expect.

Always!!

:agree:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Ed, the gauges are NOT metric. The difference in the gauges is only that there are symbols instead of words (ie a PICTURE of a fuel pump or oil can instead of the words "FUEL" or "OIL").

And Kendall, while the headlights are always on (DRL), it's a software switch to turn them off, (ie - done at your ford dealer). Easy to do (mine are off).

So apart from those items above, there's no Macintosh, all the cars have red calipers expect the Heritage cars which all have grey calipers, all the cars have stripes (unless you special ordered a no-stripe), all the cars have the Forged wheels, the rear bumper spacer is removable with 8 bolts in about 5 minutes, and the front bumper has extra foam for the extra crash standards required. Oh, and English/French language airbag stickers and owners manuals. That's it.

As for importation to the USA, it's about $800 to get the qualifying paperwork done. I know, as I got it done for mine.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I believe on the tach and speedo the MPH and KPH are reversed as far as location on the gauge,

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I believe on the tach and speedo the MPH and KPH are reversed as far as location on the gauge,

No, they are not reversed.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
you are correct sir. just checked the worldwide Ford system and the tach and speedo are the same.
4 of the other gauges are different and carry differrent part numbers.

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Yep. And as I said, the difference is merely a symbol for oil (oil can), fuel (fuel pump), coolant temp (thermostat in water) and battery voltage (battery) rather than the words.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yep. And as I said, the difference is merely a symbol for oil (oil can), fuel (fuel pump), coolant temp (thermostat in water) and battery voltage (battery) rather than the words.

And it won't matter because sooner or later you're going to lose a gauge or two and replace them with speedhuts. Hmmm, I wonder if there were any Canadian gauge failures???

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
And it won't matter because sooner or later you're going to lose a gauge or two and replace them with speedhuts. Hmmm, I wonder if there were any Canadian gauge failures???

Yup. Canadian cars are not immune. Superfly lost his gas gauge.

tonyt

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2014
Malibu, California
What percentage of gauges fail? Can you just go to the Ford Dealer and replace them with OEM gauges?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What percentage of gauges fail? Can you just go to the Ford Dealer and replace them with OEM gauges?

Oh yes you can but you shouldn't. They will fail too with the same probability. You should either put Speedhuts in or wait for just a little longer for the Autometer supplied reengineered replacements (see note 1). The Autometer gauges look like the originals but use a different internal design that should be immune from the failure mode [which has never been disclosed but there are lots of topics here about them]

Note 1: At one point in our town in Colorado the local bar and grille was sold. They were remodeling and the reopening date was "any day now." Tomorrow. Next week. Pretty soon it got the handle "the opening soon saloon". It took them 18 months but they finally did reopen.

So the replacement gauges are now the "any day now gauges"...

Last edited:

Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2014

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Look at your Private Messages.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I have.?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

Yeah, Ed's right, my fuel gauge went on me a few years back, I replaced with the Speedhuts. But I'll still probably get a new OEM gauge once they're released so that I have a full clean set. So sadly, no, the Cdn cars are NOT immune from the gauge gremlin.

And, I was speaking with my Ford GT guy in Calgary on the weekend, and Jeff's car does have aftermarket speakers, but they're put on with a bracket. So the original holes are untouched, and the speaker is (very nicely) installed forward on the door. So it looks like the panel has been cut, but it has NOT, not at all. Very custom.