Canadian Bumpers

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
An article in the October 9 issue of AutoWeek says there are 3656 US GT's, 277 for Canada, and 105 for Europe, for a total of 4038. But the surprising thing is that they say the Canadian cars have "slightly different bumpers to meet Canadian regulations." The Ford parts manual lists only one part number.

Do any of our Northern owners know what this is about? (Maybe one type of bumpers is 'faster'???????)

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Yep The canadian cars have an aluminum spacer, approx 1.5" thick, bolted between the bumper and the mounts. This in conjunction with mods under the nose brought the bumpers up to 10Kph rating from the US version which is 5Mph(8Kph). :bs

I think Canuck GT posted a pic last spring of a red one and on red it really stands out since the spacer is silver. The one on my cars is hardly noticable since I have Tungsten. I can post a pic later if you can't find it in the members gallery.

:cheers
Trent

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Canadian Bumper Extension

The rear bumper itself is the same - the Canadian version gets a spacer to set it back 1.5" further. Here's a pic of a rear Canadian Bumper with the bracket attached:

IMG_7363_Medium_.JPG

regards,

Jeff

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
...and I wonder what the very first mod is for GT owners in Canada? :biggrin