Can I drive it? How to respond...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
bony said:
One thing I enjoy in Scottsdale is Spring Training... try to catch a few games each year

I'm only now looking at your pics.

Great shots of people in terror...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
jasper said:
daniel from the pics i'm beginning to understand what you are trying to

say :willy

would you like to share that story on the gurney bubble on the passenger
door when said lady was driving?, or is it still to painfull? :eek

no story, no bubble, no blister, no pain, no problems... :wink
will you be out for the auctions?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:

Oh, and I did let Piccola fly the Citation. Of course there was no one to run into at 45,000 ft...Manny and SuperB didn't even get airsick! :biggrin

jayzus.... just don't let her taxi, do I have to post more pictures of the carnage she has caused attempting to park?? :rofl :eek :rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
Yeah, I have driven the Lotus. I actually own a 240R Exige Cup car. I dove it in a N.A.S.A. event at Homestead Motor Speedway yesterday. I agree it's a real bitch to get into. You should try getting in with a roll cage taking up another 3-4" of opening room! Haven't let anyone drive it yet though...

guess I won't be going on a ride with you. tried to get into a Z06 with a cage and there was not enough KY Jelly to make it happen, I can only imagine how tight the Exige must be. :eek

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
bony said:
jayzus.... just don't let her taxi, do I have to post more pictures of the carnage she has caused attempting to park?? :rofl :eek :rofl

I had taken flying lessons for a short time at Timmerman field in WI. After bouncing the small Cessna several times on the runway (unlike Chris' WAY too smooth landings), I decided to stick with jumping out of them. :biggrin Chris would have to be even braver than you, Bony, to let me try landing his Citation! :rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MAD IN NC said:
Daniel - thought you were a SF Giants /Kalifornia boy. Didn't know you liked the Cubs :rofl

The Cubs are my team... got to love the park, Cubbies Bar, and the underdogs.

Mike, and I detest Bary Bonds :ack :thumbsdow :ack

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
I had taken flying lessons for a short time at Timmerman field in WI. After bouncing the small Cessna several times on the runway (unlike Chris' WAY too smooth landings), I decided to stick with jumping out of them. :biggrin Chris would have to be even braver than you, Bony, to let me try landing his Citation! :rofl

I have always questioned the sanity of someone that jumps out of a perfectly good airplane :bs :ack :bs

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
bony said:
The Cubs are my team... got to love the park, Cubbies Bar, and the underdogs.

Mike, and I detest Bary Bonds :ack :thumbsdow :ack

God forbid us from ever meeting in Chicago. It would be a hell of a day! :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MAD IN NC said:
God forbid us from ever meeting in Chicago. It would be a hell of a day! :biggrin

I'll bring the cigars, you buy the beer and dogs at Wrigley and I'll buy the steaks, a nice bottle of Amarone at Gene & Giorgetti's. In order not the create another Blue's Brothers flick we should agree to take the L and cabs.
p.s. thanks for the email Mike.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
bony said:
I'll bring the cigars, you buy the beer and dogs at Wrigley and I'll buy the steaks, a nice bottle of Amarone at Gene & Giorgetti's. In order not the create another Blue's Brothers flick we should agree to take the L and cabs.
p.s. thanks for the email Mike.

Come on Bony - I can see it now being "a half pack of cigarette's, a full tank of gas, wearing dark sungalsses at night and 200 miles to go!" - a classic!

WAAHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO! :cheers

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
bony said:
no story, no bubble, no blister, no pain, no problems... :wink
will you be out for the auctions?

daniel was planning on be out there late jan, but i think i may have to get
there in the 1st week to meet all the docs, gunna need them after been
driven around by you know who. :thumbsup

will have my hands in my pockets at the auctions, wrong timing.

got something to talk to you about aswell, very hush hush.

:cheers

Last edited:

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
bony said:
I have always questioned the sanity of someone that jumps out of a perfectly good airplane :bs :ack :bs

do they have hire cars in arizona? :banana

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Empty Pockets said:
Blackstorm:

Most GT owners arn't like the Hollywood types who spend years SEEKING fame & attention and then, when they actually achieve it, BELLYACHE about being recognized & approached.
Instead, most GT owners (I think) have the attitude that they're darned lucky to own something most people can only dream about having in their own garage, and that, "attention", automatically comes with the purchase ...like it or not. Therefore, most owners are kinda resigned to the fact people are gunna approach 'em about their car, and it's "no biggie".
I've found most people approach my own darn self like they were approaching royalty or something! Kinda timid & shy! ME, for Pete's sake! If they only knew! :biggrin
My wife & I were staying at the Bellevue Westin a couple months ago, and during our "check in", I was discussing cars with the head bellman at the front desk & we were talking about his Camero (sounded like a DARN nice ride, by the way) when he mentioned his dream car was the Ford GT!!! Well! When I infromed him I happened to own a blue one HE ABOUT PASSED OUT! I thought I actually saw his knees buckle! He said he just HAD had to shake my hand - and he did! - 'cause he'd never been, "...this close to somebody who actually OWNS ONE and probably never would again!" It was a double dose of "Yes, SIR!", and "No, SIR!", from that minute on! I mean, the poor guy was just dumbfounded!
Yeah, GT owners answer the same questions over & over. Yeah, it can get "old hat" once in a while if you LET IT. But, when I find my attitude starting to "go south" on that front, I just remember how BLESSED I am to have that car and how numbstruck those who admire cars like ours get when they see one ... and that their first impression of a GT's owner - and therefore their impression of ALL GT OWNERS ( and owners of all exotics for that matter) - will be formed by their experience with ME. And I don't wanna screw that up.
The main reason for this is, I remember the first time I approached a guy who was driving an exotic car. A yellow Lambo Gallardo 'twas. The jerk driving it ignored me like I wasn't even there & like hadn't said a word to him . No lie. I'm not exaggerating. ( I was wearing my grubbies & driving my beater p/u ... so, obviously I wasn't "good enough" to even "speek" to him. Never judge a book by it's cover, guys!). I've never forgotten that snobby "expletive deleted". It irritates me to think about that jerk even now. So, I make it a point to be DANGED sure I NEVER, EVER, treat anybody like he treated me.
Enough bloviating ~~~~~~
What I'm tellin' yuh, Blackstorm, is: approach 'em!!!!! GT owners put their pants on 'same as you!!!!!! And feel free to remind 'em of that if'n yuh run into one who's a jerk about it!!!!:biggrin

E.P.

Thanks, Empty Pockets. The GT guys here seem like a good bunch with their heads on straight. I don't see any of the guys here acting like the jerk that you came into contact with. It's also interesting that you comment on not seeking attention, because you really don't have to try in the GT! Which of course can be good and bad.

If I ever see a GT owner I will most certainly be approaching them! I was the same way about Lightning’s before I got one. I had been in the Houston Lightning club (unofficially) for about 8 months and had even done the video for the annual photo shoot before I ever owned one.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
BlackStorm:
Yur welcome! :thumbsup

E.P.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
jasper said:
daniel was planning on be out there late jan, but i think i may have to get
there in the 1st week to meet all the docs, gunna need them after been
driven around by you know who. :thumbsup

will have my hands in my pockets at the auctions, wrong timing.

got something to talk to you about aswell, very hush hush.

:cheers

I'm ready to lend a hand.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
would you let debbie do a burn out with your GT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4aoScpEgSw&NR

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bony, how can you root for those losers? You need a game in downtown murder capitol of the USA. Or do you and the IVth have a mutual disagreement?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
Bony, how can you root for those losers? You need a game in downtown murder capitol of the USA. Or do you and the IVth have a mutual disagreement?

Loyalty brudah, lots of loyalty, hope and prayers... go cubs
We never worry about getting world series tickets... small side benefit :biggrin