Camilo is going to be on ABC Extreem Makeover Home Edition tonight

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
My sister in law told me she saw the preview. One of the family's kids loves to design things. I hope she is right.

Matavarium

Apr 11, 2006
Montreal
I dont want to be rude or something, but who is Camilo , I heard of him on the forums but who is he?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Recording it now.

If it's not to big of a pain in the ass, I'll upload it.

(camilo pardo designed the car)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Just saw the 1 minute spot...... Mural looked GREAT and the parts in the truck were a great idea for a beedroom. It's a great idea for a office - wife probably kill me though (but who cares)

Funny thought is that if GTJOEY finds out that there are GT spare parts in Queens he'll be wheeling and dealing tomorrow...... :biggrin

Last edited:

Naples GT

Heritage GT Owner
May 8, 2006
Naples, Florida
I just joined to ask for help finding a Heritage GT and while posting that part came on with Camilo bringing out the hood of a heritage with a 6 on it! I yelled it's meant to be, as my wife rolles her eyes :lol

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I wanted to buy a GT, found a Heritage locally and got my wife to take a look. As soon as she saw it in person she gave the ok to buy it.

So, get your wife to take a look at a heritage and she might give the thumbs up too.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
But he drove up in a Tungsten :banana

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Not Tungsten, it is white sans el stripo

Not Tungsten, his is white witout stripe. Unless the tungsten was a fleet car.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
K-P Garage said:

As much as he drives his white car, I can't imagine him wanting to drive it to New York for that. The car he drove in the show was probably a PR car

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I found the parts, but all the serial numbers are scratched off :biggrin enjoy gtjoey 1314

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
K-P Garage said:

Watch the episode. I think ABC programs are downloadable. He must have been in a loaner. I had to check my garage to make sure he didn't take mine.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
GTJOEY - Only you can find the "Deals" out there. Be careful of lojack.....

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
PR Tungsten car on ABC episode, Mac delete if you didn't notice :lol Could that be 2006 VIN # 1?

Guess I'll have to ask him in August :wink

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Here is the Ford descripton, anybody got a copy of his Makeover appearance?

FORD GT DESIGNER CAMILO PARDO FEATURED ON SUNDAY’S “EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION”

Ford GT Chief Designer, Camilo Pardo was featured as a guest designer on ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Ford GT Chief Designer Camilo Pardo showed America his fine art, fashion and automotive design talents as part of the design team on the May 7 edition of ABC’s “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.”
Pardo created a specialized Ford GT-themed bedroom, making a true automotive enthusiast’s dream come true when he helped deliver one-of-a-kind supercar wall treatments, furniture and furnishings.

DEARBORN, Mich., May 8, 2006 – Ford GT Chief Designer Camilo Pardo has become the world’s first automotive designer to join Ty Pennington and ABC’s design team to deliver a new home for a deserving family featured on “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.”

As designer of the ultimate American supercar, Pardo lent the Extreme team his creative talent in designing a unique bedroom for an aspiring automotive designer. Pardo returned to his hometown of Queens, N.Y., to work with show designer, Eduardo Xol to deliver a Ford GT-themed bedroom for one member of the nine-person Peter Family who emigrated from Guyana and struggled to make a new home in America.

“This is just another example of how automotive design influences popular culture,” says Peter Horbury, Ford Americas Design executive director. “Many Americans know – and love – the iconic story and spirit of the Ford GT, and now over 8 million people who watched Sunday’s show can better appreciate the car’s distinct details as well as the challenges and pressures designers face when trying to visualize and bring a holistic design to life.”

Pardo was eager to join the Extreme Makeover Home Edition team and help build the Peter family a new home so they can further pursue their American dream. He used his design and artistic talents to help create a room that captures passion for automotive design, working closely with ABC’s design experts.

In 2004, the Peter family home was devastated by a house fire and after being housed by their insurance company for six months, the company dropped their coverage, leaving the Peters penniless and forcing them to move back into their damaged home without heat, hot water and limited electricity. Monesh Peter, 21, is an aspiring auto designer who has worked tirelessly with his family to try and rebuild their lives.

“It was great having Camilo join our team and especially lend his expertise to help me design the perfect automotive elements for Monesh’s room,” said Eduardo Xol, Extreme Makeover Home Edition designer. “Camilo and I were so pleased with the outcome of the room, knowing we were leaving Monesh with the ultimate surroundings to help him achieve his inspiration to become a designer.”

With help from teammates in Dearborn, Pardo used parts from a production Ford GT to design bedroom furniture – including a one-of-a-kind desk chair crafted from the car’s seat and a lamp created from a GT headlamp. Pardo also furnished the room with an exclusive drafting desk and a lounge chair made out of all aluminum from his personal furniture collection.

Pardo’s custom wall treatments include a print of the Ford GT spanning 13 feet, a perfect complement to the Ford GT hood hanging on the opposite wall. The Ford designer also hung some of his automotive sketches to add a more personal touch to the room – and lined Monesh’s closet with GT-themed custom apparel also created by Pardo.

“It was an awesome opportunity to have the chance to work with Ty and the talented cast of designers – and to help deliver a home for such a deserving family,” says Pardo, a 20-year Ford veteran who is now working in the company’s Advanced Studio in Dearborn on a new generation of bold, American vehicles. “Monesh and I share the same passion for fast, beautiful cars – and hopefully this room will remind him every day that his dreams of designing cars might become a reality.”

To provide a further inspiration, Ford and Pardo’s alma mater – the College of Creative Studies (CCS) in Detroit – surprised Monesh by offering him a trip to visit the CCS campus this fall and preview its renowned design transportation program.

Monesh wasn’t the only member of the family who received a special gift; the Peter Family was also surprised with the brand-new 2007 Ford Expedition EL. Expedition’s new design, inspired by the best-selling Ford F-Series truck, signals big improvements in capability, functionality and toughness. And Expedition EL offers 24 cubic feet of additional cargo space behind the third-row seat, ideal for this family of nine.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

The series is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. It is executive-produced by Tom Forman and co-executive produced by Denise Cramsey. David Goldberg is the president of Endemol USA.