Camber Adjustment

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
At my last track day I discovered I corded my front slicks on the very edge of the tire... not far from the outermost tread depth indicator. I have an allignment machine and would like to adjust it my self if possible.

How is camber adjusted on the GT, and how much negative can we get out of the stock suspension?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
get a hold of the GT Guys for the settings

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
I found the specs in another thread. I'm interested in the actual adjustment process and if I need any special tools or parts.

How about toe? I would assume the toe would change a bit with a camber adjustment... right?

Aug 25, 2006
I found the specs in another thread. I'm interested in the actual adjustment process and if I need any special tools or parts.

How about toe? I would assume the toe would change a bit with a camber adjustment... right?

The adjusting of the camber is not difficult; no special tools required.

At the front there are colored aluminum spacers in-bewteen the lower control arm and the chassis and at the rear they are in-between the upper control arm and the chassis.

All spacers remain the same color on any given control arm and need to be purchased through Ford. There are a limited number of sizes and yes they are different for the front versus the rear. They retail for about $10.00each and you will need 4 per corner.

Once this is completed yes you should have the toe checked as well.

Takes care

Shadowman

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Thank you! :thumbsup

CobraChamp

Aug 21, 2006
Carlsbad, CA
The spacers are great, but does anyone know what the settings are for the GT? I am wondering how many degrees of negative camber there are front/rear? Anyone know?
Paul

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
The factory specs can be found in this thread...

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8201&highlight=camber

CobraChamp

Aug 21, 2006
Carlsbad, CA
Thanks Jeff. I just had the GTR aligned for the first time and am wondering if I went too far. I appreciate your help getting me the specs on the GT as a reference for me. I dialed in -1.5º of camber in the front and -.5º in the rear. I'm surprised how much caster the GT has in it. I can't adjust that on the GTR as it is set by the design (no adjustments). I may be wearing out the inside of my front tires sooner than I'd like to.
Paul

Aug 25, 2006
The were shared by Alex aka T&A Shocks

Takes care

Shadowman

Ford settings

Camber in the front –0.50 deg. + or – 0.20 deg.
Toe in front (positive is toe in) -0.05 deg. Total + or – 0.05 deg.
Camber in the Rear -1.60 deg. + or – 0.20 deg.
Toe in Rear (positive is toe in) 0.12 deg. Total + or 0.025 deg
Caster 5.20 - 6.0

Street and overall performance use

Camber in the front –1.10 deg. + or – 0.10 deg.
Toe in front (positive is toe in) -0.05 deg. Total + or – 0.05 deg.
Camber in the Rear -2.20 deg. + or – 0.10 deg.
Toe in Rear (positive is toe in) 0.12 deg. Total + or 0.025 deg.
Caster 5.2 - 6.0

CobraChamp

Aug 21, 2006
Carlsbad, CA
Shadowman- Now that makes me feel better about my choices. I wonder why the GT has so much rear camber compared to an Ultima?