Calling All NorCal GT Owners

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I posted an announcement under Regional GT Forums/Clubs but have only had 31 views since 8-12-06 so I'm posting it here in the middle of the heavy GT traffic.

The "Mini-Nationals" held annually by the NorCal Shelby Club (SAAC) is honoring the 40th anniversary of the GT40 win at LeMans & the new Ford GT. It'll be held at Sears Point/Infineon Raceway Sept 22-24.

I am organizing a drive there on Sat Sept 23 from Sacramento, but we can also have other GTs meet us there. Please view the info & links at www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2479

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Nevada, Pacific NW & SoCal GT owners are also invited

What? Replying to your own post?

I just wanted to extend the invitation to any & all GT owners interested in the Mini-Nats at Sears Point. Road trip anyone?

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Rick Titus will be Friday night's speaker at the Mini-Nats

There is still time to sign up for the NorCal Shelby Club Mini-Nats at Sears Point. Rick Titus will speak on Friday night Sept 22 while Bernie K will be Saturday night's speaker (Bernie was a Shelby race team member & I cannot spell his last name - Kretszh...?)

We're limited on space to park the GTs in Winner's Circle so let me know if you're interested in attending.

Ed

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Can't make it... sorry, I know it will be great, all SAAC events are! :biggrin

2005gt

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Count me in Ed. Please email me the stuff I need. Thanks!!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Ed... did you send an email to the California GT owners group? If not, I will if you wish.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Count me in! It will be nice to meet the other GT owners in CA. How fast can we drive during the parade laps?

BlackICE

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
NorCal GT Meeting at Sears Point

Black Ice & 2005 GT - I'll send both of you the info/goodie packets next week.

Awesome GT - I sent a notice last month for the CA GT Owners Group. A notice has just been sent out. Thanks for the thought. I appreciate it.

My planning is for Sept 23 Sat's drive & meeting at Sears Point. If any of you want to do the Open Track, Car Show, Rick Titus night, etc you have to sign up with the NorCal Shelby Clubwww.norcal-saac.org Or let me know & I'll help get you signed up, etc.

Ed

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
Hey Ed,
Sorry I can't make it to Ulfinion with you guys. I play softball, and will be in Palm Springs that weekend for our World Series. Keep me informed on any other activities you will be attending. I just installed the 6 point harness and used your posted pics. Thanks for posting them. Also now have my Accufab exhaust and Cool Tech trans. cooler installed. Martinez had a little street car show this past weekend that I entered my GT. I am a member of the Avanti club, of which we had 7 in this show. My GT attracted a lot of people, who then were introduced to the 46 year old Studebaker Avantis. Fun times.

Gary Tryhorn

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Parade Lap Speed

Black Ice - I forgot to answer your question in regards to the speed when we lead the other Fords during the parade laps. It is slow. They usually tell us it's freeway speeds so around 70mph or so. It's during the lunch hour break from the open track. If you want to really open it up you'll have to sign up for the open track. Or - Hwy 37 from Sears Point to 101 can be a good high speed road but you didn't hear that from me. I never see CHP on it. See you there.

Ed

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Hi Ed....I'm interested in attending as well. Please send me the necessary information. I'll send it in tomorrow. Thanks.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
welcome MWG

MWG - as soon as I receive your address I'll send out the registration/info packet. You will make it 8 confirmed GTs!

Ed