California GT's Traveling thru Fresno on Tuesday???

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Are any of you from California that will be attending the Napa Rally traveling thru Fresno on the way to Napa on Tuesday? If so, maybe we can hook up and drive together... I think we have 3 GT's departing from Fresno on Tuesday morning sometime.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Are any of you from California that will be attending the Napa Rally traveling thru Fresno on the way to Napa on Tuesday? If so, maybe we can hook up and drive together... I think we have 3 GT's departing from Fresno on Tuesday morning sometime.

Jerry
Who else besides you and Marv?
I'm likely going to leave Monday, but I'll see you there.
Ed

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
There may be 3-4 of us coming up from SoCal Tuesday morning and we are still trying to determine route and stops. Different tread "LA to Sonoma". We should nail it down through this weekend and try and coordinate with y'all.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If the SoCal guys are going up the coast route, I wouldn't think that going over to Fresno would be an option.

If they're headed up I-5, it's still quite a transition over to CA-99, unless they make the shifr at the bottom of the Grapevine.

Either way, it'll be a long day's drive....

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If the SoCal guys are going up the coast route, I wouldn't think that going over to Fresno would be an option.

If they're headed up I-5, it's still quite a transition over to CA-99, unless they make the shifr at the bottom of the Grapevine.

Either way, it'll be a long day's drive....

Yup. Doesn't make sense for the SoCal guys to come back east. Best for the Fresno-ites to rendezvous with the others along the central coast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
If that's the case.... what time do you think you will be coming thru Carmel

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
South Ca. GT's to Sonoma

AWSM GT:

It looks like we will be going up "101" all the way to Sonoma, from Thousand Oaks, starting at about 7:30 am on Tuesday; only stopping for gas/food!!! :thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If that's the case.... what time do you think you will be coming thru Carmel

AWSM GT:

It looks like we will be going up "101" all the way to Sonoma, from Thousand Oaks, starting at about 7:30 am on Tuesday; only stopping for gas/food!!! :thumbsup

Jerry -

Looks like the best link up for the Fresno gang would be in Gilroy. There is a Lowe's Home Improvement Store with a large parking lot which might work as a place to meet up - It's off of CA-152 (Pacheco Pass Road), just before you reach US 101, on Camino Arroyo.

For the SoCal guys heading north on US 101, it's the 1st CA-152 exit (Exit 356), then go east a block, turn north on Camino Arroyo, and you'll see the Lowe's on your left.

PS - there's a Costco next to the Lowe's wihich has gas pumps, for those with Costco cards.

Ralphie

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
No problem. We will be traveling on 99 to the 120 to the 580. Maybe we will run into you at some point. We plan on departing Fresno around 10am. Travel safe!

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
S. Ca GT's to Sonoma

AWSUM GT:

We should be in Gilroy, CA. at about 12 noon; If you would like to meet us there for LUNCH/gas stop??? :confused

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
No problem. We will be traveling on 99 to the 120 to the 580. Maybe we will run into you at some point. We plan on departing Fresno around 10am. Travel safe!

I agree, much more direct, and you'll avoid some of the holiday traffic.