Fort Worth, TX
Got mine! Thanks, DBK

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No problem. Every single one is now out and should be arriving in the next couple days. (Except the Europe and Canada orders which should take a little longer)

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
The calendars are really works of art. Glad to have #62 on the wall! Thanks Dave and Camilo!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
The two calendars I ordered just arrived, and they are beautiful! Thanks Dave and Camillo :cheers

BUT, they did not travel well. My UPS driver pointed out that the package had been opened (intentionally slit open on the opposite end from the sealing flap) and said he'd already entered it in the system in case something was missing.

When I pulled the calendars out, they had obviously been seriously tweaked. Both spines were broken in the same place. It was obvious from the similar damage to the the shipping package that the whole package had been folded in half at some point in its journey. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow The creases in the calendars from folding over 180 degrees are permanent.

I've NEVER had a damaged UPS shipment - this is a very unfortunate first. :frown

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Report it to UPS. I'm at the point where I want the money back from every one of these things I shipped. I could have just sent them USPS but I paid between $8-$12 while only charging $5 to ship them all UPS so they'd arrive in better condition, faster. That's a couple grand in shipping. Yours is the fourth one that has been slit open, and there's probably a bunch still out there on the way. Regardless of getting crunched, which is bullshit to begin with, the fact that UPS has decided to open a whole bunch of these, and appropriate some for themselves REALLY pisses me off. Thievery? Come on. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which centers annihilated some. Some reached California fine, but couldn't make it to New Jersey?

They destroyed an art delivery too. Ripped the tube in half and taped it back together. How do you rip 1/8th inch thick cardboard in half????

p.s, so much for "stay-flat" mailers. Started adding cardboard inserts after #95.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have had many issues with UPS... The one that upset me the most was a package sent to us with an expensive piece of jewelry inside. The package arrived and it was very evident that it had been opened the same ways as mentioned above. But they taped it back up.

The finger prints of the person that opened it and took the jewelry were under the tape but UPS said they could not do anything about it. The contents were stolen by someone at UPS. It was a one of a kind piece of jewelry... I finally received a check from them after about 20 days of fighting. I will never use UPS again.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Received mine today. In good order.

Wonderful reminder of the grand GT Forum events and the cars that made them so special.

Thanks Dave and Camilo.:thumbsup

BCF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
Hudson Ia.
Received my calenders last week in perfect condition! They look great. Thanks!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Report it to UPS. I'm at the point where I want the money back from every one of these things I shipped. I could have just sent them USPS but I paid between $8-$12 while only charging $5 to ship them all UPS so they'd arrive in better condition, faster. That's a couple grand in shipping. Yours is the fourth one that has been slit open, and there's probably a bunch still out there on the way. Regardless of getting crunched, which is bullshit to begin with, the fact that UPS has decided to open a whole bunch of these, and appropriate some for themselves REALLY pisses me off. Thievery? Come on. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which centers annihilated some. Some reached California fine, but couldn't make it to New Jersey?

They destroyed an art delivery too. Ripped the tube in half and taped it back together. How do you rip 1/8th inch thick cardboard in half????

p.s, so much for "stay-flat" mailers. Started adding cardboard inserts after #95.

I'll report it tomorrow and make sure they know that there's a pattern to this. I'm now especially glad that Les is bringing my Rally 4 artwork to B-J for me to pick up, and not shipping it.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Haven't gotten mine yet

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Nada on the receiving end of the calendars.

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
The two calendars I ordered just arrived, and they are beautiful! Thanks Dave and Camillo :cheers

BUT, they did not travel well. My UPS driver pointed out that the package had been opened (intentionally slit open on the opposite end from the sealing flap) and said he'd already entered it in the system in case something was missing.

When I pulled the calendars out, they had obviously been seriously tweaked. Both spines were broken in the same place. It was obvious from the similar damage to the the shipping package that the whole package had been folded in half at some point in its journey. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow The creases in the calendars from folding over 180 degrees are permanent.

I've NEVER had a damaged UPS shipment - this is a very unfortunate first. :frown

Dave - If you are keeping a list same problem my calendars that arrived yesterday with the same problems, my UPS guy also filed a report.

I also need to join the list and say thank you - love the calendar

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Issues on receipt found on both coasts - on different shipments....

Problem appears to be instigated at point of origin meaning Detroit UPS office

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Got mine yesterday, they are great! Beautifully done and better than I expected. Arrived nicely protected in the cardboard packaging.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Reported the problem to UPS this morning, including the fact that several of these packages have been opened and/or damaged and that the issue seems to be in the Detroit UPS facility. They promised to get in touch with you Dave.

Also, another Forum member at UPS is checking into the situation, although he may not want to post regarding that (PM to Dave)

I know this is frustrating, but my goal is for UPS to get to find out who is responsible so they can correct the situation and continue to provide what has been for me, with this exception, outstanding service.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Received my Calendars yesterday and am very, very satisfied. Great pictures very well done. I do like that January GT. Tomy Hamon PS Never have trouble finding my GT in the many parking garages I keep her in through out the USA. Thanks Dave and Camilo.

JKR

GT Owner
DBK Please note that also received my two calanders and it looks like UPS folded them. Big crease in on both of them:frown. I will call ups to let them know.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
received both in great shape

Dave - just receive my 2 calendars. They came UPS in great shape. No bends folds etc and well sealed.!
Thanks,

andy (AJB)

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Reported the problem to UPS this morning, including the fact that several of these packages have been opened and/or damaged and that the issue seems to be in the Detroit UPS facility. They promised to get in touch with you Dave.

I also Reported the problem to UPS.

They took the remaining damaged calendar and promised to get in touch with Dave. If you see them on E-bay let Dave know :eek :rofl

--

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Just an FYI, mine did not arrive,..., yet.