C & C Irvine, Saturday, March 23 - - Flo's,Thursday, March 21?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Hi guys -

I'm coming down to Southern California on Wednesday evening, March 20 (hopefully with the GT if the weather cooperates) for the "Legends of Riverside" getogether on Friday evening and Saturday.

http://legendsofriverside.com/

I was wondering if anyone is interested in C & C on Saturday morning, March 23?

Also, it would be fun to enjoy a lunch at Flo's (Chino Airport) - maybe on Thursday, March 22. What do you think?

Ralphie

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Argh!! Damn. I'm going down there this weekend. Really would have loved to hear your exhaust setup:(
Have fun!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Sorry Ralphie, I'll be in Palm Springs those days. Catch you another time!

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Ralphie, we return from Maui Fri. night the 22nd. If I can wakeup in time I'll try to be at CC Sat. am.......GO BLU

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ralphie Boy, I will be at C & C in Irvine for you my friend, assuming you have your Race Red #2 there.

I'll also work on getting the SoCal GT contingent to show.

Ralphie this guys want a piece of #2 !

176IMG_1807.jpg

Last edited:

FordGTOC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 9, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
I can make it.

Craig

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Just a little FYI. Have some friends down in OC that were regulars at Irvine C&C. Apparently, they've recently been turning away 'newer' cars (1999+??) and telling them to park in the adjacent 'spectator' parking structure. Obviously, GT's fall into this category. Not sure how strict they are about it, if they're just trying to turn away the omnipresent newer model Porsches or Nissan GT-R's. Something to look into if you plan on going there to 'show' your car.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks Ed for the tip. Getting it checked out now about where our GTs will be welcome.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
The secret is to be early .I get there by 6 A.M. and almost all cars are allowed in, by 7 A.M. they have to start to get particular. By 8 A.M. the lines become ridiculous and its one car out and one car in. I have never seen a GT or Viper or even a Mustang turned away.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
The secret is to be early .I get there by 6 A.M. and almost all cars are allowed in, by 7 A.M. they have to start to get particular. By 8 A.M. the lines become ridiculous and its one car out and one car in. I have never seen a GT or Viper or even a Mustang turned away.

Correct and that's the way it's always been in recent history, but I was told they are turning away all late model cars regardless of when they get there. It may just be the Nissan/Porsche crowd, but I don't have any confirmation yet.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I hope thats not so. I'd find it hard to turn away an Aventador or Venom

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If I can't show my GT at C&C I'm moving back to nyc

Whats next? Wive/GFs born before 1965 only?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
One of the guys that runs C&C is a really nice guy, so I'd find it hard to believe they'd turn something like an FGT away.

I can't say the same about some of the idiots that have been involved in the past. If it's any indication of how tone deaf some people can be, at Rally II, with much advance notice that Ford GT would be the "featured marque", we brought something like 90 GT's to C&C. The day before, Camilo walks up to me and says "________ says he wants us there at 5 AM tomorrow to set the cars up around the property." I said "uh, yeah, that's not happening." He replies "well _______ says that if we're not there at 5 AM he'll just rope off the parking lot and they'll cancel the entire C&C tomorrow." This position to owners of the the parent company of the property's flagship product? My mind couldn't compute the information as had just been relayed. So I said "well then you can tell _______ he can go _____ himself." At that point Camilo lifts his phone to his lips and says "_______, Dave says that ...." :eek I would have appreciated a heads up that he was actually on the phone with this person at the time. :lol Needless to say, no high fives or hugs were exchanged the next day.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Correct and that's the way it's always been in recent history, but I was told they are turning away all late model cars regardless of when they get there. It may just be the Nissan/Porsche crowd, but I don't have any confirmation yet.

That's ridiculous!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

That's ridiculous!

You going tomorrow, Kayvan?

According to Sam, the organizers haven't made any exclusions official but they are planning on restricting the main lot. Doesn't sound like it will be as strict as excluding all cars newer than 2xxx. GT's still welcome:)

Aside from official trade car show venues, C&C has been THE place to showcase new cars. Late model exotics are also still a big portion of the participants. To change policy so drastically and prevent those cars from debuting there would kill the attendance dramatically.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I may....however it's 45 degrees most mornings at 7am

A bit reluctant...

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

That's ridiculous!

I may....however it's 45 degrees most mornings at 7am

A bit reluctant...

You're an ex-Manhattanite! Lol. 45 degrees is warm!! Doesn't look like ill have my car back in time for tomorrow anyway:(

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I can host a Kars & Kayvan at my complex overlooking Balboa island / Newport harbor in April

There are 12 guest slots in guest area...will post pic

I may enforce a babes born after 1980 rule however....have 3 jacuzzis, 3 pools, and clubhouse, wet-bar, firepit and my pad

Attachments

• IMG_8321.jpg
    IMG_8321.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Reserved Spaces

A very reliable and former forum member has reserved 12 spaces in the main section of C & C for 12 GT's. So, don't worry about being turned away, but try to get there before 6:00 am. I usually try to be there at 5:30 am, but I'm usually a few minutes late.

First come, first served!!

So, everyone - get those GT's out and I'll see you in Irvine in a week!!!

Ralphie

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
Ralphie: Sorry I won't be able to make it....am at my Hilo place for the next few weeks.