C 63 amg as a daily driver

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Any comments on this car as a daily driver , I have never owned a mercedes but i do like the lines on these cars especially the black series

Fuel economy must be bad

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I've got a friend with one. Fantastic sounds, great drive, and yes, fuel consumption is bad (seems wrong to say 'economy') :wink

Check this:
[video=youtube_share;HPh90yNX-mY]http://youtu.be/HPh90yNX-mY[/video]

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
It Beats the Audi RS6, so it can't be that bad :)

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Ironically, I had one as a company car, which I traded for my 2013 Carrera C4S. Great car, stupendously overpowered, perfect. Very solid and well built. I called mine the Thunder Toad, because it such a gnarly exhaust note, and from the driver's seat, the big ridges in the hood looked like a horned frog.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Ironically, I had one as a company car, which I traded for my 2013 Carrera C4S. Great car, stupendously overpowered, perfect. Very solid and well built. I called mine the Thunder Toad, because it such a gnarly exhaust note, and from the driver's seat, the big ridges in the hood looked like a horned frog.

Seeing as you had this for a daily driver simillar to what i was thinking , is it safe to say that they gobble fuel like no other daily driver

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
It Beats the Audi RS6, so it can't be that bad :)

Yeah, C63 is killer, but if I could get THIS here in Canada, it WOULD BE IN MY GARAGE!!!

1489603_613512215363895_653492966_o.jpg

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
On my 3rd and last Mercedes. Bought my wife Bluetech ML350's for the past 5 years and each one was a bigger piece of shit than the previous one...nothing but failures and bad software. If the stupid things didn't have a warranty, I would never have purchased the last two. She has a 2013 now and it's gonna get sold sooner rather than later. Only reason she has it is because of the fuel mileage...which really can't be beat in an SUV.

I have owned a few Benz's in the past - and had trouble with them. Dealer's I bought from all had attitude, just like the car, a bad one. I guess that's why they generally depreciate so rapidly --

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
I know you're not talking V12 in a C Class, but apropos of nothing, last Sunday's Boston Globe Auto Section, had a piece on Merc AMG V12, saying something like: " ordinary V12s depreciate significantly, and V12 AMGs depreciate like a piano falling off the Trump Tower." Their advice was, if you want an AMG (V12), wait a few years and pick one up for a song.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Never had a mercedes but was intrigued by the C63 AMG with the 507 package. Very hard to find as it is a limited production but on paper except for its mileage it look great...then I woke up and that ended my looking.

Stu

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I know you're not talking V12 in a C Class, but apropos of nothing, last Sunday's Boston Globe Auto Section, had a piece on Merc AMG V12, saying something like: " ordinary V12s depreciate significantly, and V12 AMGs depreciate like a piano falling off the Trump Tower." Their advice was, if you want an AMG (V12), wait a few years and pick one up for a song.
I would say the same --

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Should make a great daily driver. I have never driven a C63, but have owned two other 63s. I previously had an E63 with air suspension which I thought rode too soft regardless of setting. I currently have a CLK63 Black Series, and even thought the stock KW suspension is stiff, it could be used daily. The ride in the C63 should just about split the difference. The C63 will also have one of the last big naturally aspirated AMG engines now that the SLS has been discontinued.