Buying extra parts for FGT?

dandaman

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2007
Tyler, Tx
I was wondering if anyone has put much thought as to buying parts that might be hard it get later on. I am not talking about cornering the market just extra parts that are exposed to road hazard damage or ones that wear out more often. Is there a dealership that offers discounts to forum members? If you were going to put together a list, what would you think would be some good ones to have on hand?
Dan

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I was wondering if anyone has put much thought as to buying parts that might be hard it get later on. I am not talking about cornering the market just extra parts that are exposed to road hazard damage or ones that wear out more often. Is there a dealership that offers discounts to forum members? If you were going to put together a list, what would you think would be some good ones to have on hand?
Dan

'Already have:
-Front splitter
-Pking brake boot
-front end parking light lenses
-rear diffuser
'Would buy a pair of headlite buckets too, but at $900+ a pop? Naaaaah. As Al Borland would say, "I don't think so, Tim."

'Am attempting to order a pair of the leather bucket seat upholstery replacements too.

(And why th' heck ARN'T the headlite lenses/covers, whatever you wanna call 'em, replaceable by themselves?????)

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
'Am attempting to order a pair of the leather bucket seat upholstery replacements too. QUOTE]

How are you going about ordering them - directly from Ford? Any possibility of getting the grommets in silver?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Am attempting to order a pair of the leather bucket seat upholstery replacements too. QUOTE]

How are you going about ordering them - directly from Ford? Any possibility of getting the grommets in silver?

Dave is looking into it, as I've had NO luck whatsoever on my own.

The only way to get a replacement set is to BUY THE WHOLE DANG SEAT according to the Ford parts catalog. (That's why I asked Dave if he knew how to get a pair & he said he'd look into it ...but, he's been a WEEEEEE bit distracted kuz of a wedding or something, I think! :rofl)

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
OEM Ford / Motocraft Parts are a core part of my primary company and we support this board as well.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Rule of the Forum - support the sponsors first.

If Cobra Dan wants to sell, he should upgrade his status to a sponsor...

Torrie "tmcphail is a key contributor to the forum in topics, tunes and parts - and would be my first call.

Blue/White GT

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2007
Could you call me, I have a list of parts I am looking for. Thanks, Dan 253-474-2000 days / 253-377-9000 cell

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We have already run into some parts that have been discontinued.

Can you give us any examples?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Can you give us any examples?

Say it aint so!:eek

I purchased a front splitter and can't decide what to do about seats. I plan on keeping the car long term and it would be nice to freshen up the seats after years of use. Except the rear vents (both sets) I'm not too concerned about anything else.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Not correct Dan. We were told that at the rally and I came home and ordered 4 of them...have 3 in the box.

Matt

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Could you call me, I have a list of parts I am looking for. Thanks, Dan 253-474-XXXX days / 253-377-XXX cell

Dan, if ya own the GT and want to keep it - quit stalking and sign up!:biggrin

BTW -Congrats for showing up! Send a note to DBK - he will change the badge! :cheers

Enjoy the Grin!

MODERATORS NOTE TO DAN
PLEASE DON'T SOLCIT ON OUR FORUM.
KINDLY CONSIDER THIS A STRONG WARNING.
THANKS
BONY

Last edited by a moderator:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
'Already have:
-Front splitter
-Pking brake boot
-front end parking light lenses
-rear diffuser
'Would buy a pair of headlite buckets too, but at $900+ a pop? Naaaaah. As Al Borland would say, "I don't think so, Tim."

'Am attempting to order a pair of the leather bucket seat upholstery replacements too.

(And why th' heck ARN'T the headlite lenses/covers, whatever you wanna call 'em, replaceable by themselves?????)

Larry, it is good to know that you are stockpiling GT parts. I'm sure if we fellow forum members need anything we can count on you for help at a much discounted price. I know that you are a really nice guy :bow and that a 50% discount off dealer invoice is a very good possibility. :thumbsup:biggrin:usa

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Larry, it is good to know that you are stockpiling GT parts. I'm sure if we fellow forum members need anything we can count on you for help at a much discounted price. I know that you are a really nice guy :bow and that a 50% discount off dealer invoice is a very good possibility. :thumbsup:biggrin:usa

Uh-huh. You could assume that. You would be WRONG - but, you COULD assume that...yup. :biggrin

:slap :slap :slap

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Uh-huh. You could assume that. You would be WRONG - but, you COULD assume that...yup. :biggrin

:slap :slap :slap

Geez Mr. Pockets :shrug

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I have been dealing with Torrie on getting me some spares parts for my cars and he has been great to deal with.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I have been dealing with Torrie on getting me some spares parts for my cars and he has been great to deal with.

Torrie stocks a complete car for me:lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Torrie stocks a complete car for me:lol

SHH Tom ! No one is supposed to know that :biggrin.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Cantwell just buys spare GT's :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin I can say that since I have the same disease. :eek

S

dandaman

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2007
Tyler, Tx
Steve, I like the way you think!!!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup