Buying a Chinese car for my exwife and the employee I axed for stealing...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
There is much fear among the automakers of a pending Chinese invasion as their auto industry ramps up to take on the Japanese and Korean imports.

As this crash test video shows, there's not much to fear for now; chassis design seems to be derived directly from that of a fortune cookie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YbDCvrBBk

H

HHGT

Yeah its a piece of crap - BUT - the fortune cookie was a California Invention!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Nothing to worry about for at least 10 years! Of course the US car makers have enough to worry about without the Chinese. India will also come into play in the low end.

They put the seats in the worry place. That is really a 2 passenger car. The driver should sit in the rear. The crush zone is at least 1/2 of the car. Of course if you get rear ended, it may be worse than a Pinto. Also if you have toddlers then make sure they don't lick the paint and don't go over 70 mph or the tires may blow.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
I wonder how cheap those cars will really be after import taxes (I'm assuming American auto lobbiests will be all over that) and other expenses like shipping come into play?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Ya but think about how much safer every other car on the road is now. That car will basically absorbed all the energy from the crash and transfer it to its driver.

On a side note, the music was pleasant.