Buyer Beware of 2006 Ford GT on ebay with 1,552 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fthompson

Spectator
Feb 21, 2013
Tennessee
There is a white 06 GT on ebay with 1552 miles that was a previously crashed / Totaled car. It is not being disclosed by the seller whom has been made aware of it. I was very interested in purchasing the car until I did some homework and uncovered its previous history and sellers lack of disclosure. If you want more proof than just me telling you, get someone to inspect it. Another dead give away is the original window sticker, which the seller has, shows it as being a NO STRIPE car. It now has stripes. I do have more info than the lack of originally having stripes, but I don't want to drag anyone under the bus that was kind enough to save me from buying the car. Im just giving the community a "HEADS UP".

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I see the car, and IF what you're saying is true, that dealer should be tossed off E-bay and sent to jail for fraud. I do however see that he has a 100% feedback; strange he would do something like that...

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
There is a white 06 GT on ebay with 1552 miles that was a previously crashed / Totaled car. It is not being disclosed by the seller whom has been made aware of it. I was very interested in purchasing the car until I did some homework and uncovered its previous history and sellers lack of disclosure. If you want more proof than just me telling you, get someone to inspect it. Another dead give away is the original window sticker, which the seller has, shows it as being a NO STRIPE car. It now has stripes. I do have more info than the lack of originally having stripes, but I don't want to drag anyone under the bus that was kind enough to save me from buying the car. Im just giving the community a "HEADS UP".

Do you have access to a copy of the title? Insurance claims..ect. I believe it is unfair to make a claim as you have unless you provide the forum with more documented evidence. Their was an issue with a Heritage about 7 months ago, and after comments from the forum, the actual condition of the vehicle was subsequently disclosed on ebay.

Fthompson

Spectator
Feb 21, 2013
Tennessee
As I already stated, I don't wish to drag my sources into the mix. Take this info as you will, but my statements are facts. I wouldn't post something like this if I was unsure of the information.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Their was an issue with a Heritage about 7 months ago, and after comments from the forum, the actual condition of the vehicle was subsequently disclosed on ebay.

Not if it was the same Heritage that I'm thinking of. The true damage to that car was never honestly represented.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Not if it was the same Heritage that I'm thinking of. The true damage to that car was never honestly represented.

Correct

And to OP, you can add stripes later.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
As I already stated, I don't wish to drag my sources into the mix. Take this info as you will, but my statements are facts. I wouldn't post something like this if I was unsure of the information.
It's somewhat difficult to accept, given that:

1) You don't own a GT
2) You have 5 posts, 2 of which are in this thread

No disrespect, but you could be someone who has an issue with the seller on Ebay, and are trying to hurt his sale...so, without evidence, which you refuse to provide, credibility becomes questionable. You could be the seller's wife caught up in a nasty divorce and just trying to get even for all anyone knows...just sayin'...

Facts are only "facts" when they are either evident, or backed up by cold, hard evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.