Bugatti Veyron Super Sport Amazing 431km/h or 267 MPH

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
It appears that Bugatti wont be out done by the Shelby Ultimate Aero and responds with the Veyron Super Sport!

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=21927

H

HHGT

Frightning.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm waiting to see by how much the SSC Tuatara exceeds that.

'Thought the boys at SSC would have reclaimed the speed record by now...

(Edit: I'd like to see SSC's attempt done on the the very same track Bugatti used...instead of the Eastern Washington 'back road' they used before - if in fact they'd even consider going 267+ on that thing. :willy An apples-to-apples contest is very much in order.)

(An aside: I've never heard the exclamation, "BLOODY NORA!!!" before! :lol)

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
no matter how fast they are, both are ugly

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
As mentioned elsewhere I was at Peterson yesterday and was reminded what a hideous looking car the BV is. And the wheels look like something off a Pontiac. I don't care if it does 0-60 in 1 second , it my be the ugliest Supercar ever.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
See drummer? We aren't geeks, we are aficionados of the fine form of a fast and beautiful automobile. :biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
In 1/13th that distance....

Gentlemen,

I was standing next to the finish line with DBK when a street legal yellow Ford GT went by at 269.9 MPH. No wussy 13 mile straight was needed as Ray Hofman hit that speed from a standing start in 1 mile. A sight to behold and the sound as he flashed by about 50 feet from us was spectacular.

Chip

2 Yellow GTs.jpg

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I always get goosebumps when I see the Bug high speed runs.

Chip, it's a 5.5 mile straight. ;)

H

HHGT

As mentioned elsewhere I was at Peterson yesterday and was reminded what a hideous looking car the BV is. And the wheels look like something off a Pontiac. I don't care if it does 0-60 in 1 second , it my be the ugliest Supercar ever.
We see Eye to Eye allllll the way.....

When I was in the UAE not too long ago, I was offered a ride in one of the 4 special Veyron's this gentleman has and I asked if I can get a ride in the F40 or the Porsche GT1 instead - he was shocked - the car does nothing for me.

H

HHGT

Gentlemen,

I was standing next to the finish line with DBK when a street legal yellow Ford GT went by at 269.9 MPH. No wussy 13 mile straight was needed as Ray Hofman hit that speed from a standing start in 1 mile. A sight to behold and the sound as he flashed by about 50 feet from us was spectacular.

Chip

View attachment 23114

That is even more frightening. Ray has balls.:thumbsup