Broken Plastic Piece on Door Jam & DFW Service

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Gentlemen: I noticed a strange noise when the passenger door opened and shut, and then I noticed a BROKEN thin piece of plastic on the top of the door...it is very thin, and secured by three hex head bolts....Anybody else noticed or had this problem?

Also, Need to have the recall for the transaxle bolts done in Dallas, TX and wanted to know if any forum members had a dealer to recommend based on a good experience with said recall repairs.

Thanks!

Griffbl

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The GT Guys are coming to your area. Have them install them OR install the accufab bolts. From everyone here, these guys are very good.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Gentlemen: I noticed a strange noise when the passenger door opened and shut, and then I noticed a BROKEN thin piece of plastic on the top of the door...it is very thin, and secured by three hex head bolts....Anybody else noticed or had this problem?

Also, Need to have the recall for the transaxle bolts done in Dallas, TX and wanted to know if any forum members had a dealer to recommend based on a good experience with said recall repairs.

Thanks!

Griffbl

I also had that black plastic upper door piece/guide broken--the local Ford House here in Wichita Falls warranted it for me, no problem. Took a minute or two, once the part came in.

They are going to do the recall bolts soon, they already have the parts.

Earlier they replaced my oil pressure sender to cure an erratic reading, and both jobs they've done so far, couldn't have gone any better!:thumbsup

Eddie:biggrin

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Middlekauf Ford. That's where the GT Guys are going to work on our cars. I heard a rumor that Rick Middlekauf sold the dealership but he owned a GT so he probably had competent GT mechanics.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I don't believe that you can have the GT guys do the work and get it warrantied. Take it to Middlekauf or Sam Pack in Carrollton. Both are GT owners and treat the cars right.

matt

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
DFW service

Matt-

thanks mucho......Will try Sam Pack....I thought that was pretty obvious that that would not be a warranty fix from those guys......

Cheers,

Griffbl