Bridgestone tires - thumbs up !

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
At what pressures are you guys inflating your Bridgestones for typical street use?

I just put them on Friday and told the installer to stay with 32psi. i'd be interested to know as well, if people are using different pressure.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I put Bridgestones on right before the Rally and between the drive there and back and the two driving events I put 3,800 miles on them. I ran 32 front and rear while driving the highways and 30 front/28 rear at the Texas World Speedway and loved them (compared to OE Goodyears).

When I got home I saw the center of the rear tires were worn a bit more than the sides, so I dropped the rears to 30 for street and highway use.

Yesterday I went to a track day at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana and as the temps were much cooler than Texas World Speedway, I started with 32 front and rear. After a few laps on the initial session, I picked up the pace and the Bridgestones were not working like in Texas. Before I went out on the second session I dropped the pressure to 30 and 28 and was back to the good traction I had in Texas.

Granted we all have different driving styles and "seat of the pants" feel for our cars, but that's what seems to work for me.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I put Bridgestones on right before the Rally and between the drive there and back and the two driving events I put 3,800 miles on them. I ran 32 front and rear while driving the highways and 30 front/28 rear at the Texas World Speedway and loved them (compared to OE Goodyears).

When I got home I saw the center of the rear tires were worn a bit more than the sides, so I dropped the rears to 30 for street and highway use.

Yesterday I went to a track day at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana and as the temps were much cooler than Texas World Speedway, I started with 32 front and rear. After a few laps on the initial session, I picked up the pace and the Bridgestones were not working like in Texas. Before I went out on the second session I dropped the pressure to 30 and 28 and was back to the good traction I had in Texas.

Granted we all have different driving styles and "seat of the pants" feel for our cars, but that's what seems to work for me.

Kevin - what pressure did you see right after coming off the track?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Hoosier,hoosier

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Kevin - what pressure did you see right after coming off the track?

Jeff, I had 41 front and 38 rear after the first session and did not check after that.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hoosier,hoosier

I know, I know....I just need to cough up the $$$ for another set of wheels and the Hoosiers...:bored

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Hum ..... studying tire specs. The Bridgestones that many have used up front are each 2 to 3 lb. heavier than stock 26 lb. GY's (and that's a ton). Rear tires are the same at 34 lb. I need to rethink the entire issue.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
4 to 6 lbs more at the front makes a perfect 50/50 weight distribution....:biggrin

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Here is a copy of my invoice from Tire Rack from when I ordered my tires that Kendall installed.

Qty
Size and Description
Availability
Price Each
Total Price

2 345/35R-19 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scuderia In Stock $375.00 $750.00
1 BS/FS Warranty Packet In Stock N/C N/C
1 Tire registration card -retail In Stock N/C N/C
2 265/40ZR-18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N1 (Porsche) XL In Stock $290.00 $580.00
1 BS/FS Warranty Packet In Stock N/C N/C
1 Tire registration card -retail In Stock N/C N/C

I know that it is important that you specify the Porsche N1 tires for the front. There are two kinds in that size and it makes a difference if you get it wrong. :cheers

What is the difference between the N1 and N0 265 Potenza fronts?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
What is the difference between the N1 and N0 265 Potenza fronts?

Nothing you would ever notice. You could put them side by side and not tell a difference. Really only pertains to porsche cars....