Breaking Barriers

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This should be an interesting program: Watch BREAKING BARRIERS TONIGHT With Tim McGraw Wed. May7, on National Geographic Channel at 7 pm CENTRAL TIME. John Hennessey and his Venom GT super car built by Hennessey Motor Sports are featured.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Correction------7 PM Central time

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Thanks, Tom.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great show John. Were all very proud of you Bud.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
How cool was the Breedlove portion? You couldn't do that stuff anymore; one upping each other for speed records as if it was just a day at work. What guts.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Great show and very emotional. I understand the ups and downs one must go thru to run a number for personal reasons or a world record. I was wondering what the record was for ? Was it just top speed over a certain distance or was it an unlimited distance at top gear? Would a modded Ford GT ever get the chance or does it have to be not modified ? Either way great job.

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
Being part of this Documentary was fantastic, especially getting to spend time with Craig, Alex and Roger Penske, these men are living legends. It was a tremendous team effort and big thanks to our team!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Being part of this Documentary was fantastic, especially getting to spend time with Craig, Alex and Roger Penske, these men are living legends. It was a tremendous team effort and big thanks to our team!
I have a 1991 Hennessey NSX formerly owned by Walt Cunningham (Apollo 7).

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Great show and very emotional. I understand the ups and downs one must go thru to run a number for personal reasons or a world record. I was wondering what the record was for ? Was it just top speed over a certain distance or was it an unlimited distance at top gear? Would a modded Ford GT ever get the chance or does it have to be not modified ? Either way great job.

See below. Johnny Bohmer set the World Record at 283.232 mph for a street legal car. He's a great guy and been an awesome person to call and run things by about my car. He gets to use Kennedy Space Center to test a lot of prototype stuff for his "BADD GT". He drives his kids to school in this beast.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112110150062/ford-gt-sets-283-mph-guinness-world-record-for-top-speed

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/ford-gt-guinness-world-record-standing-mile-2012-10-30

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Sorry, I'm a new member and didn't know the story about Johnny had been beaten to death. I just read all the old posts. Anyway, he has been a good asset to me.

I missed the story on Nat Geo but hope to see it on a rerun.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
No problem. Welcome aboard.

Howard

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
SPeaking of re-runs, unfortunately, I missed the show due to other commitments. When will it show again?

TIA,

Mar 15, 2006
Got a nice email from my astronaut friend, Walt Cunningham a few days ago. He's a great American.

You can watch Breaking Barriers on the Pennzoil YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLJ-AgGEakKT4UFgdNa4CrOfQtSUGgDLf

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
Got a nice email from my astronaut friend, Walt Cunningham a few days ago. He's a great American.

You can watch Breaking Barriers on the Pennzoil YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLJ-AgGEakKT4UFgdNa4CrOfQtSUGgDLf

Hey John,
You and I talked when I was purchasing his NSX (that you modified).
Col. Cunningham is a class act.
Tell him Tom (Tomcat) is taking care of his NSX...maybe I need a matching Hennessey GT?

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
That was a great program. Thanks for posting the link, and congratulations to John Hennessey and Co.

Howard

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
That was a great program. Thanks for posting the link, and congratulations to John Hennessey and Co.

Howard

Well said Howard. +1