breakdown on Color of Wrecked GT's

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I see what you mean:rofl:lol:biggrin

Mrs. Spirit makes wear one of those on my head while I sit in the corner for 15 minuites if I misbehave when driving the Heritage. :lol

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I am curious as to why all the Black cars are getting wrecked. Dave

I would say a handful of black cars have been wrecked and most of the wrecks do not invovle other cars. I think you are overstating the wrecks in general quite a bit.

Daltondavid

GT Owner
Jun 22, 2007
Garnet Valley, Pa.
My intent here...

Gentlemen, I am not an Insurance company, Law enforcement or an Infiltrator from the Ferrari group! I am a moderator at www.shelbyforums.com and respect your site very much. I am just studying these cars out of pure desire to learn as much as I can about them before I commit to one. thats all. If the thread strikes a nerve, or seems to upset your core group, feel free to delete it. - Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dave,
We are an owners forum, unlike SHELBY AUTO's forum which is open to folks that have a CSX number. Perhaps if you would have started your thread with a little introduction you would not have received some of the replies you have seen. After all when someone comes on line with a low post count they are somewhat suspect. That being said, welcome, and stick around. Thanks.
God Bless America,
daniel

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Gentlemen, I am not an Insurance company, Law enforcement or an Infiltrator from the Ferrari group! I am a moderator at www.shelbyforums.com and respect your site very much. I am just studying these cars out of pure desire to learn as much as I can about them before I commit to one. thats all. If the thread strikes a nerve, or seems to upset your core group, feel free to delete it. - Dave

Ah -ha! As Bony said, some of us could have used an introduction!

Get a red one, they're faster. :biggrin

M

Mark O

Get a red one, they're faster.

But don't get balck, they crash too easily. You know the old saying; Once you go black, you won't come back. :biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Fool! :lol:lol

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Let's attempt to clear up some misconceptions, using powerful visual imagery...

The proper quote, I believe is...

Once you go black, YOU NEVER GO BACK!

Black is BEAUTIFUL...In clothing design...See how it accentuates natural attributes...

IMG_8912.jpg

And also strategically used in sports cars...(as "scientifically" proven in the laws of attraction, see Ford vs. Ferrari thread, where one of the most desirable colors was used)

IMG_0851.jpg

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Since you're a moderator at an enthusiast forum, you probably know that nothing fires up a heated discussion faster than an absolute statement.

Just want to make sure that information makes logical sense and is factually based. Definitely no offense intended. And I don't think anyone is upset. We're all here to learn.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I'll say it again.

Black GTs are wicked, sinister, evil, ferocious, vicious looking

M

Mark O

Black is BEAUTIFUL...In clothing design...See how it accentuates natural attributes...

....as well as man-made attributes. :lol

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Let's attempt to clear up some misconceptions, using powerful visual imagery...

The proper quote, I believe is...

Once you go black, YOU NEVER GO BACK!

Black shmack yada yada....

scarlett-johansson-golden-globes-2006-749215.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank you Neil. These other color guys still just don't get it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I'll say it again.

Black GTs are wicked, sinister, evil, ferocious, vicious looking

+1

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
What happened to my rather lovely illustration of the beauty of red?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, where did Scarlet go? Bony?????

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What happened to my rather lovely illustration of the beauty of red?

Yeah, where did Scarlet go? Bony?????

Heck, I can see her & I'm blind.:thumbsup

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
After looking at all the evidence and reseaching the all the colors available. I do believe the Black GTs being faster than the other colors may experience more collisions. Also the fact there are not enough of the Gulf cars to place around the black cars to provide a proper safety barrier from all the fans.

Now the white car (often confused with a 1975 bradley gt) and very slow by nature of the VW air cooled motor does attract less attention and only requires a red & blue one for a parade lap at the local homecomming so accidents are rare.

Yellow..... Caution is out for you.....keep em under 60 boys and pit road is open

Which leaves us to the Silver/Tungstun cars........hmmmm a derivitve of black got to be fast but can get lost in a fog easy.......

Summary:

All the GT's are safe we only publish photo shop crash pictures to through the public off and scare away old ladies from asking for rides..

Well except for Bony he needs a GTX1 for Home comming so the 18 year old cheer leaders have a place to sit.

Now all this goes to hell in a hand basket if a bomb drops on Cantwell's garage in which all of our insurance rates will go up along with the cars value.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Also the fact there are not enough of the Gulf cars to place around the black cars to provide a proper safety barrier

Funny :thumbsup

Yellow..... Caution is out for you.....keep em under 60 boys and pit road is open

OMG - Can you imagine a group of a dozen Heritage mixed with a dozen Yellow cars - Jesus - it would be the 60's again. My eyes hurt just thinking about it, a psychodelic nightmare :banana

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
can we please stop talking about wrecking black cars......you're freaking me out!......:wink

Dave thanks for the kind words about my GT.....nice talking to you.....hopefully you'll get one....we need some more east coasters!