Brand New GT500 Anyone

Galpin GT500

I am not surprised that Galpin is discounting their GT500s, as I have a personal insight. Before I considered purchasing my Ford GT, I was toying with the idea of buying a GT500. It was the summer of 2007 when I called Galpin about their inventory. They said that they had only three in stock. As it turns out, three months later I had the chance to have them inspect a possible trade-in on one of their remaining Ford GTs. When I took my car to the inspection facillity (about three blocks from the dealership) I was surprised to see at least 30 brand new GT500s lined up inside the facillity. Obviously, they were deliberately understating their stock to give the idea that the cars were scarce, and the buyer should buy one now to avoid missing out. If their practices haven't changed, I would bet they may even have more than ten 2008s left in inventory, not to mention a bunch of 2009s as well.

In any case, $39,900 is a very good deal on a GT500. It has me considering one all over again. It may sound idiotic, but I wish they would offer the GT500 in an automatic, with programmable tuned select shift capability. Tim

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
In any case, $39,900 is a very good deal on a GT500. It has me considering one all over again. It may sound idiotic, but I wish they would offer the GT500 in an automatic, with programmable tuned select shift capability. Tim

I know a few guys who have swapped their transmissions out, of course I think that is because they are drag stripping their cars. For that price though you could use the money saved for such a mod!

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
It's sad because Harper Motors that I use to work for it the oldest Ford dealership in the state. Not the biggest dealership but the oldest. I talked to my buddy that still sells there and on presidents weekend they didn't sell one car and they have 12 salesman.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
It's sad because Harper Motors that I use to work for it the oldest Ford dealership in the state. Not the biggest dealership but the oldest. I talked to my buddy that still sells there and on presidents weekend they didn't sell one car and they have 12 salesman.

Ugh, that is just so brutal. :frown

A good friend of mine owns one of the largest dealership enterprises in the State with GM, Acura, Honda, Saab, etc., stores. After our bank board meeting on Friday, we chatted about his off road racing (he's a world class off road truck racer) and the state of auto industry. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that his Honda/Acura sales were up 140% YoY in 2008.

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
Thats awesome. It's good to see someones sales going up. I think the problem is the auto industry not controlling rebates and discounting as much. For example; a Honda might have like a $500 dollar rebate and the Ford focus in the same class will have like a $3500 dollar rebate. You're automatically depreciating the Ford and yet the Honda still holds it's value. These companies need to sit down and say hey we need to hold more value in our cars with less rebates. That will allow them to make more money. For all the cheap deals on Kia's that I did it's no wonder that my dealership was struggling.

Tanner

p.s. are you in Oahu?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Fred Grande Ford in Richmond Mi. Has not had a bad month through the whole recession. They are a small country dealer that moves about 40 a month. In fact last month they broke a sales record.

They have a bunch of deposits for the new SHO which suprised everyone in times like these.

Yellow Shelby in the show room and a silver no stripe new in the wrapper GT.
Crazy Fred turned 80 last week and is still wrenching on his own toys.

New project is a blown Arden flat head 35 ford.

I think people buy cars from him just to see his collection:lol

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
40 cars a month is a good month. Thats awesome. I loved selling for a small dealership because we had so much flexibility when it came to appeasement and really just setting the bar for customer service. I hope that the market picks up for Ford. I hope they get to 60 cars in a month.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Sad to hear about the dealers mentioned, I work at Freedom Ford Norfolk in Hampton Roads and we've been selling used cars like hotcakes. Not to mention selling brand new F-150s, 2010 Mustangs and 2010 Fusions left and right. Even had a F-350 Super Duty sold the other day.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
FordGTGuy-
Do you work at "Freedom Ford" in Hampton or Wynne Ford (which use to be Freedom Ford)?

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
FordGTGuy-
Do you work at "Freedom Ford" in Hampton or Wynne Ford (which use to be Freedom Ford)?

Freedom Ford in Norfolk :wink

http://www.FreedomFord.com/

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
That's what I thought...

Brian sold me and Florida Chris our GT's.
Great buying experience and we have both been back to purchase multiple Ford cars from him even though we live many states away.

The attention to detail with all Brian's employees makes all the difference!

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
i went to galpin they had 3 08s and i picked up a 08 conv gt500 at a great price,love the car.put a cai and ford racing tune and your at kr hp #rs