Brake rotor options?

trackmeister

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2007
Does anyone make an aftermarket rotor for these cars? Maybe a nice two piece unit like Performance Friction offers? If not, where is the least expensive place to buy OEM rotors?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Does anyone make an aftermarket rotor for these cars? Maybe a nice two piece unit like Performance Friction offers? If not, where is the least expensive place to buy OEM rotors?

Ford racing offers the two piece light weight rotors that use the stock calipers.

trackmeister

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2007
Ford racing offers the two piece light weight rotors that use the stock calipers.

I read this somewhere else too but they aren't listed on the Ford Racing site :confused

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
You might try Stillen. I think I saw them on his website.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Muscle Motors is a supporting Vendor for the Forum, and they have em.

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Capaldiracing.com with a discount.

Ford Racing/Brembo rotors....

trackmeister - We offer the following ones which are manufactured by Brembo exclusively for Ford Racing.

M-1125-GT.jpg

If interested in them let us know they are in stock and can ship out immediately.

We also have in stock the AP Racing brakes which are 14.25" in the front w/ a 6 piston front caliper. The rear is a replacement 13.5 two piece rotor. The best part about the AP Racing is the pricing on this setup is comparable to just getting the Ford Racing rotors plus you get a larger front rotor and a 6 piston front caliper.

AP6200.jpg

Just depends if you want to stray from the originality of the GT.

If you have anymore questions please let us know!

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
What is the unsprung weight savings by going to the 2-Piece aluminum centered FRPP rotors? (Front Pair: P/N M-1125-GT; Rear Pair: M-2026-GT)

Ralphie

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What's the advantage of having 6 pistons instead of 4? Isn't the surface area about the same? Is there more clamping force for some reason? Less pressure required for the same clamp force?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
rotors, pistons

All my Z06 buddies are switching from the OEM 6 piston/6 pads to the 4 piston/mono-block pads for serious track use. The GT comes with the correct set up. The GT's brakes are killer.

I saved over 11 lbs total of unsprung weight going to the Ford SVT 2 piece rotors. That's big!

Ed

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Don't forget, if you want quicker stopping times, use softer tires.