brake dust

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
Does anyone know of any pads that cut down on the amount of brake dust. The stock pads are terrible. After a short run after they have been cleaned the amount of dust is rediculous.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rick ,
I use mintex extremes , wheel wax and the Michlin brake dust redardant .Works great !! Very,very pleased ...
I belive Mark O was also trying those pads out.
Hope to see you guys Sunday .

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
stillens sells some. I have them on my car. It made the dust a little better

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
I have had excellent results using Hawk HPS pads on many of my cars. They are VERY LOW DUST, give a great pedal feel and great stopping power. I do not track my cars, but they are excellent for moderately agressive driving. I have only had my GT for a month, but already have acquired the HPS pads and will install them in the next week or so. I have used these pads on Vipers, Ferraris, Maseratis, Cobras, Corvettes, Toyota MR2 and even my wife's Lexus with great results.

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I have had excellent results using Hawk HPS pads on many of my cars. They are VERY LOW DUST, give a great pedal feel and great stopping power. I do not track my cars, but they are excellent for moderately agressive driving. I have only had my GT for a month, but already have acquired the HPS pads and will install them in the next week or so. I have used these pads on Vipers, Ferraris, Maseratis, Cobras, Corvettes, Toyota MR2 and even my wife's Lexus with great results.

Could you supply part numbers for the HPS pads for the Ford GT?

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Bear in mind that I have not yet installed them in my car, but Hawk says the pads are #HB453F.585 both front and rear. This is Hawk HPS Ferro Carbon Brake Pads.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Could you supply part numbers for the HPS pads for the Ford GT?

AJK-

We have full access to all of the Hawk performance pads.

The STILLEN part number is D1001HPS.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Approx. cost ot Hawk pads?

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
How bout ceramic? Never used them but I know they are supposed to produce very low amounts of dust.

Also, while looking for pads it might be easier to find them for the front of a Subaru STI, Evo, or 350z. Same Brembo caliper used on the FGT.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Here is a link to our website that lists all the different pad options we offer for the GT.

http://www.stillen.com/browse.asp?c=BR&year=2006&make=FORD&model=GT

If you notice that the pads only say for the front or for the rear, just keep in mind that the front calipers and rear calipers are identical on the GT. So there is no such thing as a front or rear specific pad.

Jeff- In regards to ceramic pads, I would not recommend them on a car like the GT. Ceramic pads are great for low dust but that is because they are a harder compound than the rotors. Therefore they wear out the rotor instead of wearing down themselves. That is why the produce a lower amount of dust. Also, braking performance is not as good with ceramic pads.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Klyle, which pads would you reccomend for low dust and good street performance?

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
The Mintex Extreme Motorsport pads have been very well received. We are getting excellent feedback from our customers regarding performance as well as the minimal brake dust.

If it were my car, I would run the Mintex Extreme Motorport pad. On our race car we run both the Mintex Extreme Motorsports pads and when we race we have a special race compound which I would not run on the street.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
The Mintex Extreme Motorsport pads have been very well received. We are getting excellent feedback from our customers regarding performance as well as the minimal brake dust.

If it were my car, I would run the Mintex Extreme Motorport pad. On our race car we run both the Mintex Extreme Motorsports pads and when we race we have a special race compound which I would not run on the street.

I love them Kyle! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I love them Kyle! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

+2

Had Stillen put these on week before last and there is very little brake dust and they are very nice performers. Highly recommended.

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
I am not trying to sell anybody on one brand of pad over another, just reporting my experience. I have now had the Hawk HPS pads on my car for a few miles. Work great, super brakes, very low dust.