bought another motorcycle....

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
so here is a pic of the 2009 STAR VMAX that i bought the other day :cool

as you can see it has the wider wheel and 240 tire option from Star and has been lowered 2 inches in the back. the stock tire is 200 mm wide. i bought it used (1 owner bike traded in for a Busa) and saved a alot of $$$$ as it has alot of miles on it but it also has alot of mods. i am gonna take it home on wednesday and will post some more pix of it when i get it home. the previous owner dyno'd it and it put down 182 rwhp/119 rwtq on a dynojet motorcycle dyno with the cats eliminated, K&N filter and a power commander tune :beer2:

the new VMAX motors are 1679cc V-4's....

i plan on taking it to my local drag strip and rippin it up. if all goes well then i will spray a 60 shot of nitrous in 3rd and 4th gear which should put me into the 9's despite my local track altitude and my weight (240 lbs with gear on) :driving:

i have also included 2 factory pix below mine so you can see what the New VMAX's look like from the side :cheers

V-Max240.jpg

3895509_VMax_beauty.jpg

09vmax11280ty6.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congrats on the Velocity Maximum! Always a favorite. Just keeps getting meaner and meaner. Enjoy!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
these bikes are very rare and very expensive. they only made 2500 of them in 2009 and the 2012's have an msrp of $20,000 :eek here is a vid of a 2009 V-Max rippin it up on the street :thumbsup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLybPysg2Qw&context=C3ed53dfADOEgsToPDskJVEkAbEzFZXoC0m2e2YdQu

and finally here is what the new V-Max sounds like with that cats removed :club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjWAyouSI8w&context=C3ed53dfADOEgsToPDskJVEkAbEzFZXoC0m2e2YdQu

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Congrats.

Post more pics of yours when it comes in.

I still own the 89' Vmax I bought 20 years ago. Classic design for a Japanese bike.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
so i rode the Beast today and it is wicked fast!!! within 5 miles of leaving the dealership i "maxed" out 4th gear at 145 mph. it appears the bike has the gearing to do ~ 180 mph in 5th gear as result of the BIGGER back tire....

it is not as fast as my turbocharged Kawi drag bike as that bike is 150 pounds lighter, but a 60 shot of nitrous sprayed in 3rd and 4th gear should take care of that....

that would give me a total of 270 horsepower at the crank!!!

FastFreddy.jpg

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Very, Very Cool. :thumbsup

Be safe.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Freddy,

I love the way the V-Max looks. Especially the new one in red although black suits the temperament of that bike better. Don't kill yourself on it!!

Chip

H

HHGT

That is an awesome looking bike.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
You are nuts ... and I love it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
That is an awesome looking bike.

I have to agree, dont know much about bikes and never wanted one, mainly cause I know my self and know I would get hurt on one, but that is one bad looking machine, congrats freddy and be safe!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
dyno'd the Beast today and it made 181 rwhp and 115 rwtq :beer2:

i also measured the rear wheel and tire too and it is 9 inches wide :eek

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj34/FastFreddy488/vmax-71sharpened.jpg

vmax-71sharpened.jpg

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I sure would like to see a picture with you on it underway. That way I can see what the lowering looks like with you on it.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - when i take it to the drag strip i will get a pic of me launching it from the track photographer :cheers

the Pirelli Diablo tire that i run out back is pretty sticky :cool it seems that i am gonna be able to get the tire to hook with nitrous in 2nd gear :driving:

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
so i rode the Beast today and it is wicked fast!!! within 5 miles of leaving the dealership i "maxed" out 4th gear at 145 mph. it appears the bike has the gearing to do ~ 180 mph in 5th gear as result of the BIGGER back tire....

it is not as fast as my turbocharged Kawi drag bike as that bike is 150 pounds lighter, but a 60 shot of nitrous sprayed in 3rd and 4th gear should take care of that....

that would give me a total of 270 horsepower at the crank!!!

FastFreddy.jpg

In the words of the Joker, "Why so serious"? Awesome bike, and sounds like you are very proud of it. Congrats!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - in the words of the Ghost Rider "there is good and bad in all of us.... and it doesn't matter how far you run....there are some demons you just can't escape" > http://www.thespiritofvengeance.com/

and this is what the Ghost Riders new bike says when he turns the key "it's time to ride....this is VMax" :cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebCawfEnSWU

spirit-of-vengeance.jpg

oiu.jpg

ghost1c.jpg

240px-GhostRiderTeaser.jpg

Last edited: