Above & Beyond

Great to know that Borla is a class organization!:cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Perhaps you guys have forgotten that Borla paid for all of our parking at Rally I.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Also I feel we should all thank Jack at MMp. If it had not been for him Borla would not be aware of these problems on our cars.

It was again a class act to contact the Borla rep and make them aware, knowing that it could have been a sticky situation.

Thanks again Jack!

Jack at Muscle Motors Performance is a class act himself. I can't tell you how many times he has helped me out, or has responded in kind after being notified about a post on the Forum. Thanks again Jack.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
'My borla has a cold' was posted by me about a month after it was installed, way back in 2006.
My dealer fixed it and if fell apart again.
I upgraded to the GT Guys exhaust, sounds better and doesn't fall apart :biggrin

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

David Jones at Roush/Mountune has just informed that the new exhaust arrived on FRIDAY from the US.

Chriss @ Borla had told me he had one on the shelf (the only complete one) and was going to ship it immediately.

Well it arrived (clearing customs as well) in 2 days!

Incredible customer service and support in my opinion :cheers:huge:

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Matteo,

I'm grateful that Borla has taken such good care of you. I was beginning to feel a little guilty.

Best Regards,
Waldo

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Just noticed my Ford Racing Exhaust has a crack, well actually Dennis from the GY guys found it. Is Chris Mann at Borla still the correct contact person?

John

John - Unfortunately Chris Mann is no longer with Borla. Email me your receipt to jack@musclemotors.com and I will get it handled for you.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Guys, just wanted to give an update on my Borla Ford Racing muffler cracks. Well, all I can say is there is a Santa Claus, because there is a big box in my garage, with a new muffler in it!!!! I have to thank Jack Abraham of MMP and Borla for both helping me out with this issue.

Many Thanks & Merry Christmas

John

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Good to hear they took care of you. I don't have a receipt so I guess I'm out $2,700 on that lifetime warranty. :bored

John.....you're welcome!

Fubar - Send me a PM and I can help you.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Jack is a class act. On top of his business and always a pleasure to work with. Thanks for all that you do for us, Jack. MUCH appreciated!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Jack is a class act. On top of his business and always a pleasure to work with. Thanks for all that you do for us, Jack. MUCH appreciated!

Agreed!

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
I have the Borla exhaust on my 2005 FGT. I had a Borla system on my 1997 Dodge Viper and on my 1996 Porsche TT. I also had Borla exhaust on my 1970 Hemi cuda and my 1976 pro-street Dodge Aspen. I have NEVER had a problem with any of my Borla exhaust systems. PD

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I have Borla's on several of my cars and have always been extremely happy with the product and service with Borla.

Well, when I got my car two years ago, Rich Roback did the PPI and told me the Borla had a rattle-but it had no external problems. Today I noticed that it now has a nice even 3-4" crack in the weld along the top left side. So, I need to contact someone at Borla to find out what they are willing to do about it. Unfortunately I'm not the original owner and don't have the receipt .....

I like the muffler (nice and quiet at highway speeds, good sound accelerating), but depending, I might go to an X-pipe to reduce heat and weight.

We'll see next week what I learn about replacing it. Does anyone know who to call?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Well, when I got my car two years ago, Rich Roback did the PPI and told me the Borla had a rattle-but it had no external problems. Today I noticed that it now has a nice even 3-4" crack in the weld along the top left side. So, I need to contact someone at Borla to find out what they are willing to do about it. Unfortunately I'm not the original owner and don't have the receipt .....

I like the muffler (nice and quiet at highway speeds, good sound accelerating), but depending, I might go to an X-pipe to reduce heat and weight.

We'll see next week what I learn about replacing it. Does anyone know who to call?

PM Gary (Xcentric). He wasn't the original owner either, from what I recall, and Borla took care of him.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
If you decide to keep the Borla muffler welding the cracks is an option (Post #12, above). All my external welds, cracked or not, were redone and it's been fine ever since.

Howard

Did you cut it open and fix the inside, or reweld the outer seams only?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Did you cut it open and fix the inside, or reweld the outer seams only?

If you have a rattle I would fix the inside as well or don't bother.