Borla/Ford Performance exhaust

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Met the GTGuys this past weekend. Decided to do an exhaust and a tune along with lowering the front with a different perch about 3/4''.

Does anyone know anyone who is selling a Borla/Ford Performance exhaust?

Does the tune void the warranty?

Any downside to lowering the front 3/4" with a different perch?

Thanks.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Might try jack at Muscle Motors on the Borla or PM ....NOTA4RE, Kendall has a like new used one for sale at a discount to new. I saw it and it looks pristine.

The perches are adjusters sold by T&A , search T&A on the forum and you will find a link to Alex. Search T&A elsewhere and :eek

I have lowered my car car, you can find some info searching for my posts CobraR1339. The consensus has been to lower both front and rear. Like 1" front and 3/4" rear. I did 1" front and was shooting for about 3/8", but ended up 1/2" rear, I wanted a little rake . No downsides to this so far, except you need to be a bit more careful on steep driveways. Adjusteres are available in black or red anodized. They are high quality parts. We found that the instructions will get you right on if you have a light weight muffler. It will come out about 1/8-1/4" lower in back with the stock muffler. The Borla is 35lbs vs. 65lbs, vs. say 15 lbs for Accufab. The GT guys will know what to do.

The tune will void the warranty IMO. Will the tune cause a failure, so far none reported, that I can tell. If the GTguys are doing it, they have a good handle on what is safe IMO. I was impressed with the Heffner pulley and tune combo for 91 octane. No detonation and no mafia device required. Others have had similar reviews and it makes a tad over 600rwhp safely.

Hope that Helps.

Attachments

• low small 1frt 38 rear.JPG
    low small 1frt 38 rear.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 221

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
capaldiracing.com for parts.

2005gt

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
I had mine lowered as well, using the same perches. I think they said it was 22 mm in the front and 18 mm in the back (not sure on this). The ride quality (stiffness) was not affected IMO...it rides just as good as before. I did notice the car seemeed to handle better, I really think lowering the center of gravity helped a lot.

I have almost no knowledge about the technical aspects of cars but what's most important is that I can tell you that the ride feels the same except for the better handling. I highly recommend it. As for appearance, I really like it. With it lowered now it looks real mean from the back, especially since the outward wheel camber is so apparent now.

Very glad I did it!

LONEWATTE

GT Owner
Dec 7, 2006
West Palm Beach,Fl
I have a new in the box borla for sale, pm me
LONEWATTE

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Guys: Thanks very much for your responses.

I was very impressed with the GT guys.

I'm an aesthetics guy and the lowering got me the most excited! Real cool!