Body Repair Advice

Nash

FORD GT OWNER
Apr 27, 2008
I am new to this forum and some info would be greatly appreciated.

I parked my Heritage GT with the Valet at a top Hotel in town and ofcourse they put the car right in front of the hotel.

When I came to pick up the car I was told that some one had bumped into the car resulting in a 6 inch wide bump on the front quarter panel.

Is this going to be hard to repair and are there any unique factors I should consider in getting this fixed.

I apologize in advance that I am so lacking in knowledge in this area but I have zero experience in this area.

Thank you

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
No, there are top shops that can effect a perfect repair.
Exactly where are you located?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Alfred,
I changed your status to owner, please register your FGT on the registry above.
Welcome to the forum.
Cheers,
bony

Nash

FORD GT OWNER
Apr 27, 2008
I am located in Vancouver Canada.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You need a shop that restores Ferrari's, do a search of the registry and contact the other Canadian owners and see who they recommend. Don't compromise on the painter.

Nash

FORD GT OWNER
Apr 27, 2008
Thank you.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I am located in Vancouver Canada.

Suggest you get a hold of the BC GT owners. Good references from them.

Sorry to hear that your GT got bumped. Should be an easy fix.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
You need a shop that restores Ferrari's, do a search of the registry and contact the other Canadian owners and see who they recommend. Don't compromise on the painter.

These cars are aluminum.... addition to what Bony says a shop that works on Jag's also can do the work - not many of them out there that can do it right though........

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
The Ford GT in the UK can also be repaired by Aston Martin - maybe if you get stuck you could try that route too?

Sorry to hear you picked up a ding - did the hotel provide you with the details of driver who hit your car?

Nash

FORD GT OWNER
Apr 27, 2008
They think it was a cab driver but he drove off

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Very very sorry. It's everyone's nightmare.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I realise that there are a thousand disclaimers at hotels, but it really irritates me that a fully staffed hotel who want your car parked outside 'think' it was a cab that damaged your car.

'Think'. Uh, hello? What the ferk was the doorman doing? It was supposedly in their care!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"I parked my Heritage GT WITH THE VALET at a top Hotel in town and ofcourse they put the car right in front of the hotel."

Uh huh. Of COURSE it was a cab driver who, "drove off". Who ELSE could have POSSIBLY done the damage?

Sorry for being such a cynic here, but I've had one too many experiences with valets to readily swallow the hotel's story.

(I just saw/read Neilda's post! 'Appears I'm not alone. 'Nice to know I have company! :lol :cheers)

Last edited:
M

Mark O

Valet parking = nothing but trouble. :ack

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Appears I'm not alone. 'Nice to know I have company! :lol :cheers)

You are not alone.... be afraid.... :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You are not alone.... be afraid.... :cheers

Uh oh. DAT's not 'zactly whut I ment...:eek

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Sorry to hear about your mishap but you might consider the additional expense of replacing the fender (they are about $4,500) rather than trying to get it repaired.

It may cost more (labor to pull the fender vs, fixing it) but I think it would be worth the piece of mind :cheers

FGT1987

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 5, 2007
Sorry to hear about your car, I would be chocked. Have you given Brown Brothers Ford a call? They seem to be very knowledgeable aka FGT and might be able to recommend a good body shop. Apparently the owner personally has a GT and is quite the enthusiast. Good luck

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Ever since a valet at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel, California (down the street from me) crashed a Ferrari a few years back, I never allow a valet to touch my car. I go to hotels and restaurants all the time and simply pull up with a $10-20 bill in my hand, stop at the valet, hand him the bill, and simply say "where do you want me to put it". I never get any response but "right over there sir". I keep the keys and that's that. I do however let them park my Bentley.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I do however let them park my Bentley.

WHY??? :eek:eek :ack