Bmw z8

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
They call mine Hellrot. I have a solid black interior of which 137 were made (rarer than I thought). Silver over black is the most common and IMO attractive. I also like Stratus (think Tungston) over Red.

From Andrews website;

Silver // Black...................................1,895 built
Silver // Red-Black.............................1,262 built
Silver // Crema..................................16 built
Silver // Crema-Black..........................9 built
Black // Black....................................667 built
Black // Red-Black..............................342 built
Black // Crema...................................229 built
Black // Crema-Black...........................331 built
Topaz // Black.....................................135 built
Topaz // Crema...................................138 built
Topaz // Crema-Black...........................37 built
Topaz // Red-Black...............................8 built
Red // Black........................................137 built
Red // Red-Black..................................77 built
Red // Crema.......................................62 built
Red // Crema-Black..............................15 built
Stratus // Black....................................114 built
Stratus // Red-Black..............................12 built
Stratus // Crema...................................46 built
Stratus // Crema-Black...........................23 built
"BMW Individual" color or combo..............124 built
Individual 2-tone Stratus // Ivory..............11 built
Individual 2-tone Silver // Black................7 built
Individual 2-tone Silver // Carbon Black......1 built

I think the best combo of all is a one-off Alpina that I was told they kept for themselves. Like the wheel size but not the pattern. The Blue is Alpina specific and not the same as Topaz which is more a green blue;

Attachments

• 1083618511.jpg
    1083618511.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 875
  • 1221865762.jpg
    1221865762.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 486
  • 1242216870.jpg
    1242216870.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 449
  • 1035536697.jpg
    1035536697.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 443

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Well I finally did it! Over a year after starting this thread I purchased a 2002 silver/red Z8! I was "wavering" on and off for the year but after a friend bought one and I saw it I could not wait any longer! It should arrive next week and should compliment well my GT!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Well I finally did it! Over a year after starting this thread I purchased a 2002 silver/red Z8! I was "wavering" on and off for the year but after a friend bought one and I saw it I could not wait any longer! It should arrive next week and should compliment well my GT!
Great car, enjoy it in good health!!!!

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Great looking car that will never age. I do wonder what the story of the bend chassis was. Is it true or not.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Fisker most certainly got this one right. Remember seeing one up close for the first time on the upper east side of Manhattan. Alpina version. One of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Didn't know at the time about the unfortunate auto trans and different motor.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Hey RPM , I grew up in Ryebrook!

Anyway I did allot of research about strut Problem. Can be a weakness if you really hit something with the front wheels. Probably has something to do with stiff walled and heavy runflats. Needs to be check prior to purchasing car. Front strut base offered by BMW for extra support along with changing the tires should avoid the problem (they never acknowledged that there may be an inherent weakness to the top of the strut towers).. Reported more of a problem in Europe where they tend to drive cars "harder"!

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
Re: Z8

Congratulations, you will thoroughly enjoy the Z8. Like the GT, the Z8 is truly unique in so many ways. I bought mine new in 2001 and will never part with it. I did however let my first GT go a few years back and regretted it ever since. I just replaced the GT, pictured below with the Z8.

The frame distortion is partially associated with the run flats, but more generally the aluminum frame components. Like a number of owners, to be safe I had the BMW Performance Package installed. If your car does not already have the Performance Package I would recommend you consider doing the same, both as a preventative measure and to enhance the value of the car. Below is a picture showing the Performance Package consisting of the Strut Brace and steel Strut Caps to replace the original aluminum components.

Have fun . . .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 344
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 351

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
Oh, and one more suggestion, do be sure to use the battery tender that BMW included with the car. As with the GT the Z8 is notorious for going through batteries.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
It's bound to be sooner or later in my garage. They are quit expensive over here and most of them with high mileage. A buddy in our club has one and every time I see it I fall in love with that ass! It's really a keeper

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Those cars look great together glord.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Performance package being installed this week! Battery tender on all my cars. I have done that for years and rarely have had to replace a battery. Nice collection. !

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Follow up on my Z8 experience. I have had my Z8 for 3 months. I tool a great drive to Lake Placid this weekend. Truly one of those memorable drives where weather, road and little traffic came together. Great car with great fun to drive factor. Top down motoring great with easy up and down top. Heated seats for those chilly mornings up here. Many thumbs up from all around. Great edition to the GT if you are looking for a drop top!!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Jealous. I have loved that car for years.

racer22

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2013
I too have been bitten by the Z8 bug and would like to sit one next to my Tungsten GT. Does anyone have a lead for me? Thanks

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Z8 is one of the few forever classics. Thankfully, it escaped Balgleization.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I too have been bitten by the Z8 bug and would like to sit one next to my Tungsten GT. Does anyone have a lead for me? Thanks

Please do, Jeff. So I can come by and get a ride!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Balgleization.

Say who now?:) If you mean Chris Bangle, yes, he was love or hate. I loved my E60 M5. Ironic that Fisker went on to design the Karma, which up close, is a very awkward looking vehicle.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Nothing awkward about a Karma with a Chevy V8.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have an 850 and was tracking the Z8 (hoping it would follow the same value path)...boy did that plan backfire.

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California

Enthusiast Auto has a very good reputation and currently has two available.

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?...68B0D=1&selLevel_1268B1D=10&1574_0=1&x=13&y=8